Jump to content

Apple stuff has gone CRAZY good


@owlstalk
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I want the Apple Watch cellular but my network doesn't support it. In this day and age that's well annoying

 

I never get the cellular one as mine just works off my Iphone


Is it because you aren't an Iphone user that you want the cellular one?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

I never get the cellular one as mine just works off my Iphone


Is it because you aren't an Iphone user that you want the cellular one?

I have an iPhone but I want to be able to go for a run and stream music and make calls without having to bring my phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:


Ah yeah I see what you mean - not thought about that (mostly because I don't ever go running only walkin!)

It’s annoying like my dream product but I went and got a contract with virgin and it’s only the big 3 that are set up to do it. I’m probably gonna get the none cellular one anyway as it’s better than my garmin music watch and you can ring 999 if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I have an iPhone but I want to be able to go for a run and stream music and make calls without having to bring my phone.

I THINK thank if you an Apple Music subscriber you can download music on to your non cellular Apple watch to listen "offline". Not the perfect solution, but a potential workaround. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

I THINK thank if you an Apple Music subscriber you can download music on to your non cellular Apple watch to listen "offline". Not the perfect solution, but a potential workaround. 

 

 

You can do that with Spotify now too. Just a shame you can’t change if you get your playlist wrong lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/04/2021 at 09:52, Ellis Rimmer said:

You can do that with Spotify now too. Just a shame you can’t change if you get your playlist wrong lol

I was wrong-You can't do this as I found out last night after getting one. Looks like I have to switch to apple music-is it much worse than Spotify?

 

I was asking the apple guy last night about the air tags... I still don't get them

 

If I leave one in my car and my car is stolen - will this flag up to the chiefs that the is an air tag in there if the answer is 'no it won't' then how does it mitigate against a stalker slipping one into somebodies bag? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the apple watch

 

Really good for running-i can now listen to music without needing to worry about pockets for my phone

 

Shame I can't get cellular and that I have to get rid of spotify but I don't think there is much in it anyway after switching the Apple Music 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I got the apple watch

 

Really good for running-i can now listen to music without needing to worry about pockets for my phone

 

Shame I can't get cellular and that I have to get rid of spotify but I don't think there is much in it anyway after switching the Apple Music 

 

 

 

 

Do you still run with your phone?

Apple Music is great isn't it!
 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Do you still run with your phone?

Apple Music is great isn't it!
 

No- running with the phone drives me mad because you need a pocket and I prefer running with shorts and t-shirt that don't have pockets

 

So I was always out running with my running jacket...which is a huge problem in summer...you see a lot of people wearing these neoprene chest straps to hold their phone these days but that looks uncomfortable

 

For xmas my partner bought me a Garmin running watch so I didn't need to keep taking my coat

 

But it was so clunky uploading music to it and it kept stopping playing music on my run which would ruin the run trying to sort it

 

Meanwhile she got an Apple Watch and I thought it looked good but has reservations about it being GPS rather than GPRS

 

But then I just thought bugger it-went to Argos and got a refund on the Garmin watch (based on it not working properly) and put that money towards the Apple watch

 

So pretty chuffed-wish I had got one years ago.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...