Apple stuff has gone CRAZY good

@owlstalk

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I want the Apple Watch cellular but my network doesn't support it. In this day and age that's well annoying

I never get the cellular one as mine just works off my Iphone

Is it because you aren't an Iphone user that you want the cellular one?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I never get the cellular one as mine just works off my Iphone

Is it because you aren't an Iphone user that you want the cellular one?

I have an iPhone but I want to be able to go for a run and stream music and make calls without having to bring my phone.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah yeah I see what you mean - not thought about that (mostly because I don't ever go running only walkin!)

It’s annoying like my dream product but I went and got a contract with virgin and it’s only the big 3 that are set up to do it. I’m probably gonna get the none cellular one anyway as it’s better than my garmin music watch and you can ring 999 if needed.

11 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I have an iPhone but I want to be able to go for a run and stream music and make calls without having to bring my phone.

I THINK thank if you an Apple Music subscriber you can download music on to your non cellular Apple watch to listen "offline". Not the perfect solution, but a potential workaround. 

30 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

I THINK thank if you an Apple Music subscriber you can download music on to your non cellular Apple watch to listen "offline". Not the perfect solution, but a potential workaround. 

You can do that with Spotify now too. Just a shame you can’t change if you get your playlist wrong lol

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 09:52, Ellis Rimmer said:

You can do that with Spotify now too. Just a shame you can’t change if you get your playlist wrong lol

I was wrong-You can't do this as I found out last night after getting one. Looks like I have to switch to apple music-is it much worse than Spotify?

I was asking the apple guy last night about the air tags... I still don't get them

If I leave one in my car and my car is stolen - will this flag up to the chiefs that the is an air tag in there if the answer is 'no it won't' then how does it mitigate against a stalker slipping one into somebodies bag? 

I got the apple watch

Really good for running-i can now listen to music without needing to worry about pockets for my phone

Shame I can't get cellular and that I have to get rid of spotify but I don't think there is much in it anyway after switching the Apple Music 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I got the apple watch

Really good for running-i can now listen to music without needing to worry about pockets for my phone

Shame I can't get cellular and that I have to get rid of spotify but I don't think there is much in it anyway after switching the Apple Music 

Do you still run with your phone?

Apple Music is great isn't it!

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you still run with your phone?

Apple Music is great isn't it!

No- running with the phone drives me mad because you need a pocket and I prefer running with shorts and t-shirt that don't have pockets

So I was always out running with my running jacket...which is a huge problem in summer...you see a lot of people wearing these neoprene chest straps to hold their phone these days but that looks uncomfortable

For xmas my partner bought me a Garmin running watch so I didn't need to keep taking my coat

But it was so clunky uploading music to it and it kept stopping playing music on my run which would ruin the run trying to sort it

Meanwhile she got an Apple Watch and I thought it looked good but has reservations about it being GPS rather than GPRS

But then I just thought bugger it-went to Argos and got a refund on the Garmin watch (based on it not working properly) and put that money towards the Apple watch

So pretty chuffed-wish I had got one years ago.

• Love 1