Social Media Boycott Tomorrow

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I haven't? We don't tolerate racist stuff on here - we have ZERO tolerance to that as anyone who knows me/the site knows

We haven't had any reports recently - did you report anything you saw?

I know you don’t and I credit the moderating team for removing it when it gets posted.

It wasn’t a comment on things I’ve seen recently, just over the months and seasons

Just now, McRightSide said:

I know you don’t and I credit the moderating team for removing it when it gets posted.

It wasn’t a comment on things I’ve seen recently, just over the months and seasons

We don't tolerate it - ZERO tolerance and we always act when our users report anything

Did you report it when you saw it?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

I only use Facebook and I did consider not using it in solidarity. But then I would never know that Katie in the next village had warmed up an Aldi pie for her husbands tea, or if that dog that was missing in Pontypridd ever did get found. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yes i will.................but TBF that is the same EVERY day for me.

It will be interesting to see the age split on this.........for people of my generation it will be no problem whatsoever , but maybe not so to some of  the younger age groups who have grown up with it and it`s second nature?..................i hope they do resist.

• Like 1

Frankly, a social media blackout is no where near enough. Football has seen recently what can happen when people are unhappy about a situation. 
The football authorities (and media) should recognise that it is possible to motivate people to achieve a goal. 
Thus far the message from FIFA , PL etc has not been strong or focussed enough IMO. 
Why?

Because racism still exists in football 

I’m not on social media at all. But, I will be taking this boycott as an opportunity to talk to my two teenage sons about social media abuse and to make sure they are using the stuff they are on responsibly. 

Just because I don’t use it it doesn’t mean social media doesn’t affect me or I shouldn’t do whatever I can to stop misuse of it. 

Im not intending to preach but I’d happily bet most people who don’t use social media do have young relatives who do, and you wouldn’t want them to either get or send abuse. Maybe talking to them about what they see and how you manage to live without social media at all might be worthwhile. 

• Like 3

Racist, or any other abuse, is easy on Social Media. If you want to call someone black, coloured, foreign, idle or any other kind of racist or abusive, do it face to face, man to man, where your victim has a chance to reply diretly to you

Social Media is not the place to be calling a pig a pig. Bt then, where is the fun in that., eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You should mention this more often

Better still, don't set uo an account or use Facebook, Twitter etc etc.

Mind , if you do that, there's still the one-eyed monster in he corner of the room. How many people like me didn't know that Mystic Meg had mixed race in her until she mentioned it?

• Haha 1

I'll agree on the importance of the topic, I just hope they've thought this one through properly, and not like the Black Lives Matter movement that did the Black Out Tuesday (was it?) and failed to get everyone onboard with not tagging their black images with the hashtag #blacklivesmatter because it drowned all the real posts on the movement... 🤦‍♂️

I'm guessing our players will "boycott" social media if they fail to win this weekend too to block out all the reactions.