New TV - Anyone Got A Hisense?

On 29/04/2021 at 21:44, @owlstalk said:

This is the one I personally bought for the bedroom and I absolutely LOVE it

The picture is incredible

The remote is crappppp but the TV itself is amazing - https://amzn.to/2PxEHto

as said im fully in the Samsung camp

Whatever TV you buy consider buying a decent soundbar too as modern tv speakers are dreadful

• Like 1
17 hours ago, modboy said:

as said im fully in the Samsung camp

Whatever TV you buy consider buying a decent soundbar too as modern tv speakers are dreadful

I’m actually considering a surround system for it - as it’d double up as a stream option for Spotify. 

Might start another thread for recommendations 

lol

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I’m actually considering a surround system for it - as it’d double up as a stream option for Spotify. 

Might start another thread for recommendations 

lol

That's how I started

Now I'm sat in front of a monster Samsung TV and a massive 5 speaker surround system

lol

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's how I started

Now I'm sat in front of a monster Samsung TV and a massive 5 speaker surround system

lol

Would welcome some advice. Don’t wanna spend silly money - seen this

LG LOUDR LHB645N Home Theatre Speaker System, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072HGF9FX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Q2YH900GVV54N5B8A8YJ

4 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Would welcome some advice. Don’t wanna spend silly money - seen this

LG LOUDR LHB645N Home Theatre Speaker System, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072HGF9FX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Q2YH900GVV54N5B8A8YJ

I was going to get an all in one setup like that but the thing I found that you need to be really wary of is that it can handle 4K and that the cables/passthrough is all futureproof (to a degree)

I nearly slipped up and got one that couldn't handle (for example) the new Xbox Series X or 4K movies

You also need to take into account the number of HDMI inputs they have, and if they have stuff like Optical input etc

That one you've linked looks bang on for the money to be fair - I'd have no issue having one of those setups

LG too so if you went for an LG TV it all fits together nicely

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

(I started looking for a surround sound setup to just make the TV sound a bit better, and started looking at Argos and Amazon setups like that for about £200/£300 and ended up getting a £2500 ridiculous setup with massive bass speakers and seperate power amps etc)

(then plugged it all in and realised there's no way on earth I can turn it up at all in the apartment as it just nearly blows your windows out, and those downstairs and next door too)

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

(I started looking for a surround sound setup to just make the TV sound a bit better, and started looking at Argos and Amazon setups like that for about £200/£300 and ended up getting a £2500 ridiculous setup with massive bass speakers and seperate power amps etc)

(then plugged it all in and realised there's no way on earth I can turn it up at all in the apartment as it just nearly blows your windows out, and those downstairs and next door too)

lol

yeh i wanted a sub for my sonos but think i will have to wait for my detached house in the countryside

4 hours ago, modboy said:

yeh i wanted a sub for my sonos but think i will have to wait for my detached house in the countryside

You can buy mine

It's just sat there like a massive black cube

For some reason It's always powered on too - the red light is on - but I have the volume at zero and it's still too loud

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 03/05/2021 at 18:26, @owlstalk said:

lol

Welcome to the club.