New TV - Anyone Got A Hisense?

they look good on paper but always seem to get poor reviews.

Samsung all the way for me

Gadget show did a "budget TV" special a couple of weeks back

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

they look good on paper but always seem to get poor reviews.

Samsung all the way for me

Gadget show did a "budget TV" special a couple of weeks back

Funny that cos the reviews I’ve read on that link are all spot on. 

• Like 1

i know, just what ive read before about pictures not being as good as competitors

Try going to somewhere like Richer Sounds so you can see them in person etc

reckon for the average person we wouldnt notice much difference between brands tbh

11 minutes ago, modboy said:

i know, just what ive read before about pictures not being as good as competitors

Try going to somewhere like Richer Sounds so you can see them in person etc

reckon for the average person we wouldnt notice much difference between brands tbh

Tbh mate at that price I wouldn’t expect the best tv out there. 

What interested me was the Roku platform and the fact it supports Apple play 

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

it looks good to me for that price

Right. Good enough for me, I’ll buy it. 

If it ends up being sh** I’m gonna hunt you down and kick you in the fanny

lol

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Funny that cos the reviews I’ve read on that link are all spot on. 

Reviews on the page that is trying to sell you the product are largely meaningless (especially on sites like Argos). Largely it is just people justifying their own purchase or confirmation bias. Always try to seek out an independent review if you can.

I'd be REALLY alarmed looking at places like Trustpilot reviews for Hisense: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/hisense.co.uk

Techradar have a review for that particular TV here: https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/hisense-a7200-4k-hdr-tv

Pocket Lint review here: https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/reviews/hisense/151170-hisense-roku-tv-review-r50b7120

(Note the reviews are for different sizes/models which can often differ even in the same model range)

Personally, on first view it seems like decent value for the price but you do get what you pay for. If you're budget-limited it might be a good option, but if you can afford a little more you may get something far better respectively.

If you can wait, Amazon's Prime Day usually has the best TV deals every year — but it is usually in July so depends on if you can wait that long. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Reviews on the page that is trying to sell you the product are largely meaningless (especially on sites like Argos). Largely it is just people justifying their own purchase or confirmation bias. Always try to seek out an independent review if you can.

I'd be REALLY alarmed looking at places like Trustpilot reviews for Hisense: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/hisense.co.uk

Techradar have a review for that particular TV here: https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/hisense-a7200-4k-hdr-tv

Pocket Lint review here: https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/reviews/hisense/151170-hisense-roku-tv-review-r50b7120

(Note the reviews are for different sizes/models which can often differ even in the same model range)

Personally, on first view it seems like decent value for the price but you do get what you pay for. If you're budget-limited it might be a good option, but if you can afford a little more you may get something far better respectively.

If you can wait, Amazon's Prime Day usually has the best TV deals every year — but it is usually in July so depends on if you can wait that long. 

Thanks Jim. Don’t really wanna wait til July, might look further. I can afford to spent a bit more 

51 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Thanks Jim. Don’t really wanna wait til July, might look further. I can afford to spent a bit more 

In that case, as someone mentioned above Richer Sounds is a good starting point. Their advice is usually second-to-none and you get some great deals and warranties.

Join their VIP club for the best deals/appointment times and an extended warranty. 🙂

I basically look for the TV that I want and can afford. Then check John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Argos. Oh and Amazon!

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

So. What’s the difference between these 

Samsung 43 Inch UE43AU7100 Smart 4K Crystal UHD HDR TV (9336256)

Samsung 43 Inch UE43TU8500 Smart UHD HDR LED TV (7517826)

Both same price 

Edited by Essix Blue
1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

So. What’s the difference between these 

Samsung 43 Inch UE43AU7100 Smart 4K Crystal UHD HDR TV (9336256)

Samsung 43 Inch UE43TU8500 Smart UHD HDR LED TV (7517826)

Both same price 

I’ve not checked the specs but on first glance it would appear the second one is a 2020 model and the first one looks to be a newer 2021 model.

Tbh mate, at your age your eyes are so bad you don't need a HD tv as it will make no difference whatsoever to your viewing experience

Just get a big one - so you don't have to sit as close

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

I bought a Hisense from Richer Sounds a couple of years ago and it’s a bloody brilliant tv. Much better picture quality then some of the higher end and priced TVs that I’ve seen. It had really good reviews and won awards. AV Forums is a good place to look.