This Saturday Is A Gift From The Footballing Gods

The big problem is we keep beating ourselves regardless of the opposition. It’s not like we are suddenly now finding ourselves needing to perform. We’ve had the need to perform for ages. And just can’t. 
Forrest might be wandering around with flip flops and swimming trunks but we’ll still gift them chances and miss our own. 
I agree with the OP that Forrest are probably who’d you would want to face but I just don’t believe we have it in us to take advantage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People keep forgetting about Rotherham.

They’ve got two games in hand on us.

Completely out of our hands. They win tonight and it’s goodbye.

I'd say we can afford them to win 1 more game out of the 4 they have left providing we win both ours. I'd like them to leave it a little later to get that win however than tonight.

I still can’t believe how we’ve thrown it away in these last few games. If we had managed to beat Bristol and won just one of the games against QPR, Swansea or Middlesbrough we would probably end up staying up....

But no, we still manage to self sabotage and crumble even when the players know how important these final few games are. 

I know there’s still that glimmer of hope we could stay up but so annoyed at how we have once again let it slip through our fingers. 

27 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I still can’t believe how we’ve thrown it away in these last few games. If we had managed to beat Bristol and won just one of the games against QPR, Swansea or Middlesbrough we would probably end up staying up....

But no, we still manage to self sabotage and crumble even when the players know how important these final few games are. 

I know there’s still that glimmer of hope we could stay up but so annoyed at how we have once again let it slip through our fingers. 

The players are pathetic. Simple as that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BIG D said:

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

Indeed, if only we could pick a team with nothing to play for, take the lead, get them down to 10 men after twenty odd minutes and get a penalty as well then we're bound to win. Oh wait on......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Wednesday said:

It was the other way around, we had to win and Palace just needed a point, which they got. 

Yes that's right, of course it had to be because we drew 2-2. The cheating team stayed up was my point, which this time is us, so maybe the god of cheats will smile on us from now on in.

• Like 1