This Saturday Is A Gift From The Footballing Gods

13 hours ago, BIG D said:

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

I was with you @BIG D right up to the point where I realised they were playing us ... and that's where the plan fails :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, BIG D said:

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

You are remembering who you support? What can go wrong is like laying down a gauntlet... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tjchitt86 said:

Can see something weird happening like Toytown scraping a 87th minute 0-1 win at Brentford tonight. They seem to have more heart and fight than us and Derby.

I know what you mean.

I can see them getting thumped or getting a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

We have friends, Heracles is looking on with a kind heart.

I can sense that fans are now starting to believe.  It will sweep through this club and will translate on the pitch.

My Greek mythology is a little patchy, but wasn't Heracles the lone wanderer that travelled to the edge of the world (as far as the Greeks saw it)?? 

Personally I think we'd be better off with a god of war like ares to inspire some fight and battle into this lot lol

9 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

I think we'll smash Forest. A brace from JR and one from Green will send em off back to Notts empty handed. 

#believe 

*I don't really know what a # means but it seems current

All depends on hughton. 

If he goes all karanka esq, hell stick a dm on bazza to mark him out of the game and tell their fullback to kick reach a few times early on so he'll start crying have his girlie face on and won't want to know and our creativity will be non existant. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

All depends on hughton. 

If he goes all karanka esq, hell stick a dm on bazza to mark him out of the game and tell their fullback to kick reach a few times early on so he'll start crying have his girlie face on and won't want to know and our creativity will be non existant. 

Yes but you're being way too realistic there shezzas.

Remember I said #believe, that means you have to #believe. 

#believeeventhoughyouknowwe'llprobablyballsitupagain

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People keep forgetting about Rotherham.

They’ve got two games in hand on us.

Completely out of our hands. They win tonight and it’s goodbye.

Yes - but I expect the bookies have Brentford as big favourites and rightly so.

I just hope they're right and come 9pm we'll all be starting to get nervous.

Guest Andy W
16 hours ago, BIG D said:

Just having a good think about that...get that win on the board...aah just thought what could go wrong.

Have a guess

31 minutes ago, Animis said:

Yes - but I expect the bookies have Brentford as big favourites and rightly so.

I just hope they're right and come 9pm we'll all be starting to get nervous.

Brentford got nothing to play for. Rotherham all to play for. I think they have more fight than us. With four games left it’s completely in their hands.

Unfortunately our survival is no longer just in our hands. Having to hope that we can get more points in two games than Rotherham can earn in 4 games, is bad enough. Having to also hope that we can get more points than Derby this weekend, when Derby are now playing a Swansea team that are guaranteed a play off place and ready to relax a bit and concentrate on getting players ready for the play offs, makes it even more of a torment, but then having to also rely on beating Derby in the final game of the season makes it a very "interesting" end to the season for us.

The ending of the season is ironic in several ways. From just before Christmas I thought that the game against Derby could end up being a decider for us both, because of the way we were both playing, but Derby seemed to have a bit of a lift, before hitting their recent low form. If you remember back a decade to the last game of the season against Crystal Palace, when I think we only needed a point to stay up and Palace needed a win at Hillsborough. They had been hit with a 10 point deduction (because their overspending and non payment of players wages etc culminated in them going into administration), but we were miffed going into the last game, because players that Palace could not afford to buy and pay were still allowed to play for them and in effect keep them up and put us down. Now we have two teams that have bent and broken rules, with us getting a points deduction and Derby just avoiding a deduction, so either way the division will end up being at least one set of cheats lighter next season, as a result of being beaten by Colin's team, which is bad enough, but they are owned by the bloke (Steve Gibson) that has had it in for both us and Derby for selling our grounds to try (in our case) to balance the books regarding spending rules.

I really do hope that our fate does go to the final game and give the players one last chance to redeem themselves and keep us up, but like others I keep having to check every result and was really gutted when Swansea managed to manage that draw against Reading and nearly came away with all three points.

1 hour ago, gazzamk2 said:

Yes but you're being way too realistic there shezzas.

Remember I said #believe, that means you have to #believe. 

#believeeventhoughyouknowwe'llprobablyballsitupagain

Unfortunately bud you need something to help inspire that belief.... 

At the moment I'm feeling more like one of the WW1 soldiers in the trench in "Blackadder goes forth"... 

Though I'm chomping at the bit waiting for DCs new plan and eagerly awaiting if there's "Turnips" involved..as we've plenty on the pitch lol lol

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Unfortunately bud you need something to help inspire that belief.... 

At the moment I'm feeling more like one of the WW1 soldiers in the trench in "Blackadder goes forth"... 

Though I'm chomping at the bit waiting for DCs new plan and eagerly awaiting if there's "Turnips" involved..as we've plenty on the pitch lol lol

Oh what I'd give right now for one of Lord Flasheart's inspirational speeches 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Unfortunately our survival is no longer just in our hands. Having to hope that we can get more points in two games than Rotherham can earn in 4 games, is bad enough. Having to also hope that we can get more points than Derby this weekend, when Derby are now playing a Swansea team that are guaranteed a play off place and ready to relax a bit and concentrate on getting players ready for the play offs, makes it even more of a torment, but then having to also rely on beating Derby in the final game of the season makes it a very "interesting" end to the season for us.

The ending of the season is ironic in several ways. From just before Christmas I thought that the game against Derby could end up being a decider for us both, because of the way we were both playing, but Derby seemed to have a bit of a lift, before hitting their recent low form. If you remember back a decade to the last game of the season against Crystal Palace, when I think we only needed a point to stay up and Palace needed a win at Hillsborough. They had been hit with a 10 point deduction (because their overspending and non payment of players wages etc culminated in them going into administration), but we were miffed going into the last game, because players that Palace could not afford to buy and pay were still allowed to play for them and in effect keep them up and put us down. Now we have two teams that have bent and broken rules, with us getting a points deduction and Derby just avoiding a deduction, so either way the division will end up being at least one set of cheats lighter next season, as a result of being beaten by Colin's team, which is bad enough, but they are owned by the bloke (Steve Gibson) that has had it in for both us and Derby for selling our grounds to try (in our case) to balance the books regarding spending rules.

I really do hope that our fate does go to the final game and give the players one last chance to redeem themselves and keep us up, but like others I keep having to check every result and was really gutted when Swansea managed to manage that draw against Reading and nearly came away with all three points.

It was the other way around, we had to win and Palace just needed a point, which they got. 

• Like 1