This Saturday Is A Gift From The Footballing Gods

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Don't teams that are safe usually relax and smash someone? 

Remember Forest came to Hillsborough in 89/90 and we needed to win to stay up;  with one eye on a game involving Derby.  

Just checked and Forest finished 9th that year and won the League Cup.

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Just checked and Forest finished 9th that year and won the League Cup.

So they had nothing to play for, in 9th and already got the cup in their hands.  I bet they were thinking of the beach

They also had a load of good players, but so did we.  Some of the best players we've had in our history probably. 

Guest Mcguigan
11 hours ago, BIG D said:

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

Here we are again, the nothing to play for line. 

Have a look at the last 5 games form and see how many clubs with nothing to play for, on the beach, flip flops on etc...have accumulated more points than the teams at bottom who do.

I always want my team to win,and play well.but part of me dreads us winning Forest.That would set us up for a 'must win' last match(other results taken into consideration)and would give us the hope we could still stay a Championship side.

With potentially half the team on the field playing their last game for the Club,and probably not wanting to risk a bad injury? V a Derby side who will be fighting for every pass/ball, I just dont see this team overcoming them.

Like many have said,its the 'hope' the 'maybe' the 'what if'? that shatters you...

I agree, while ever hope remains you have to cling to it.
Ultimately we will probably go down and longer it drags on the bigger the disappointment!

Just think though, Brentford beat Toytown tonight, we beat Forest and the the table looks like this when the others kick off on Saturday.

Derby            44   43

Wednesday  45   42

Rotherham   43   39

Wycombe     44   37

lol

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I actually think we are more likely to win at Derby, if it comes to that. My suspicion is that our season will fizzle out with a whimper and a defeat vs forest. 

Wonder if Jamie Smith thinks this is a must win game yet?

As it stands it isn’t yet, it’s definitely a ‘must at least draw game’ though

:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What can go wrong? Look at this inept spineless set of shysters we have to select from.

You're right Ronnie but just look at the runs Derby (5 straight defeats) and Rotherham (4) are on, they’re just as bad as us in fact I would say Derby are worse.

We’re actually the form team out of the 3

lol

Edited by BIG D

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

With his flip flops on 🤣🤣🤣

I miss players like him. 

If we had half a dozen in the squad with his level of commitment and attitude we'd be sat comfortably in mid table. 

Just imagine this lot against an in his prime pearce, most of them would be hiding in the dressing room. 

• Like 2

We have friends, Heracles is looking on with a kind heart.

I can sense that fans are now starting to believe.  It will sweep through this club and will translate on the pitch.