This Saturday Is A Gift From The Footballing Gods

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I have a horrible feeling that Toytown will pull out a win from somewhere before the last game. Sounds as if they were unlucky at Barnsley. I can easily see us and Derby going. 

For weeks I've thought we go down but take Derby with us on the last day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If you were to handpick a team from The Championship to play at home this weekend Forest would be there or thereabouts.

One of the lowest placed teams who are actually safe so nothing at all to play for and the club that are Derby’s biggest rivals.

Their fans will let them off with a poor showing and in fact the vast majority will welcome it.

Get that win on the board and then watch Derby under pressure straight after. What can go wrong?

Their fans won't be there, but their manager will be and I doubt he will let them off.

In any case, the whole theory that they will somehow roll over to sink Derby is pure fantasy.  They aren't fielding 11 supporters, they are fielding professional footballers, most of whom probably don't care that much about Derby until they play them. I would imagine some of probably good mates too, as they live nearby. We know that players from rival teams often hang about together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Their fans won't be there, but their manager will be and I doubt he will let them off.

In any case, the whole theory that they will somehow roll over to sink Derby is pure fantasy.  They aren't fielding 11 supporters, they are fielding professional footballers, most of whom probably don't care that much about Derby until they play them. I would imagine some of probably good mates too, as they live nearby. We know that players from rival teams often hang about together.

They could field 11 fans and still get a point against our vvankers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I have a horrible feeling that Toytown will pull out a win from somewhere before the last game. Sounds as if they were unlucky at Barnsley. I can easily see us and Derby going. 

I think your right about us and Derby. 
However, I’d say we made Barnsley look pretty ordinary......and look at how good we are lol

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

It is a gift and our last, got to put pressure on. Will the pressure be too much for us though? 🤔 

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Nailed on then that we'll lose.

Usually I would agree but if there is a spectacular way we can make things even worse this Wednesday under the guidance of Chansiri will do it.

I can fully see us beating forest then watching on as a Second string Swansea beat Derby and Adam Armstrong destroys Rovrum, giving us hope.

But then as is the way it will come down to the last game Rovrum blow it only for Wednesday to end Derby’s losing run !!! 

I can see Rotherham beating Blackburn ...maybe, I doubt they will pick up any other points.

I don't think Derby can win a game for the life of them. We can but I don't think we will. We will be down after Saturday and then nwe will break Derby's bad run and let them beat us.

Us and Rotherham relegated.

I dread the thought of L1 but it is what we deserve after this car crash of a season.

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

Given it's us, everything!