Coaching Team

7 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Said before the club needs not just a clear out of players but a clear out of staff too, coaching team from U18 and U23, medical team, scouting team, recruitment team all need to go. 

Shall i get the list out again that shows all the clearouts we have had since Chansiri arrived?

I'd have to add to it since I last posted it a few months ago as we've had a clearout since then too

lol

HOW MANY CLEAROUTS DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BEFORE YOU REALISE WHAT THE ISSUE REALLY IS

AGGGGGGHHHHHHGHGHGHGHHHGHHG

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Shall i get the list out again that shows all the clearouts we have had since Chansiri arrived?

I'd have to add to it since I last posted it a few months ago as we've had a clearout since then too

lol

HOW MANY CLEAROUTS DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BEFORE YOU REALISE WHAT THE ISSUE REALLY IS

We'll obviously I'd rather Chansiri clear-out.

But I'm sure it's easier to sack some coaches rather than find a billionaire willing to pay the stupid price Chansiri wants to sell the club.

And even if a new owner did come in, I'd still want nearly all the playing side staff gone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I kind of agree but at the same time, we are in a total mess aren’t we? Of course it’s possible that things could have been worse. But we are going down, and a lot of that is to do with the players mental fragility and propensity to make mistakes and crumble at important times. Much of that is the job of coaches to work on. 

Truth is that nobody has been able to put much backbone into this current squad.
Correct me if I’m wrong though but isn’t Neil Thompson’s points per game better than any of our permanent...ish  managers this season. I blame the players, few of whom want to be here next season,  rather than the coaches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

We'll obviously I'd rather Chansiri clear-out.

But I'm sure it's easier to sack some coaches rather than find a billionaire willing to pay the stupid price Chansiri wants to sell the club.

And even if a new owner did come in, I'd still want nearly all the playing side staff gone.

Nah don't be daft.

Chansiri can just leave tomorrow and all will be well.

Plus it's dead easy to find a mega rich buyer these days for a league one club with a small, crap squad of players and no stadium.

Dunno what you are on about.

I tend to believe that as a player, the harder you work, the better you become.  I'm talking about working on your own skills like ball control, accurate passing etc.  Clearly few of this squad have the willingness to do that kind of thing, over and above the group training and coaching that goes on.

It comes down to how much you want success and this lot are just happy to see the pay hit their bank accounts.

• Like 1

If no-ones asking the question how neither of our young, talented keepers have developed into solid championship players then it just goes to show there’s no culture of accountability at the club. There’s a reason why Dawson and Wildsmith are dropping clangers every week, showing poor decision making and generally put the fear of god into their defenders and it ain’t primarily down to Chansiri, however much some may be pushing for it to be seen as so.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

So in your opinion, what is the issue?

Guest Mcguigan
18 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Pretty sure Thompson was here with Megson.

Yep, must have been here at least 7 years.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

What's bizarre is this fetish that some of our fans have with him

It's borderline weird now

I think that back room staff have a big role to play.

We never recovered from the guy leaving us for Arsenal.

We just collect has beens

The problem is we've been recruiting players at the back ends of their careers or established professionals . (between 27 /32). 

Very few players really improve (or have the personal drive to) by this point in their career, so obviously we re generally not going to make them better players than when they arrived. 

Dom Iorfa seemed to be progressing well and improving his game, yet reach who was a similar age when he arrived hasn't.