Coaching Team

I watched yesterday’s game and each time the camera focussed on our bench it struck me that our coaching staff are the leftovers of previous failures. Is that normal?

It then took me on to think how long it is since we had a manager with his own coaches and a full squad with a full preseason.

• Like 3

Said before the club needs not just a clear out of players but a clear out of staff too, coaching team from U18 and U23, medical team, scouting team, recruitment team all need to go.

You only have to look at what has happened to Dawson and Wildsmith since Andy Rhodes has left, to see how poor some of the coaching has been.

Since Carlos has left can you honestly say any player is better now than when we first signed them?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Nothing will change while Chansri is in charge of it all. 

Chansiri out 

UTO

Chansiri isn’t on the training pitch. These coaches haven’t improved our players. Do you think Man Utd fans would blame the glazers for Rashford not improving 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Why do we need to get rid of every coach? We could have some really really good coaches there? Really good coaches can’t suddenly turn average players into world beaters. 

Think Leeds fans would disagree.

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Think Leeds fans would disagree.

Bielsa and Pep are probably the exceptions to that. But even they worked with the previous coaching set ups, just added there own few trusted men which most managers do.

To suggest getting rid of every coach from the under 18s up is just ridiculous and was the point I was trying to make. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally would like us to have a complete clear out of the old guard. We won’t but I think we need it. 

Sounds tempting but who do we trust to recruit the right back room staff?  We can’t just go on changing things every few months looking for instant success - we’ve had 4 coaches this season and look where it’s got us. When we were looking for a new coach people on here we’re dreading the likes of David Moyes but he’s not doing a bad job now at West Ham is he.   Our  players don’t know whether they’re punched, bored or countersunk, playing different systems every few weeks. We need stability.

Whether DM is our saviour or not I don’t know but he’s got to be given 2 full seasons at least and change things slowly.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally would like us to have a complete clear out of the old guard. We won’t but I think we need it. 

Everyone of them to a man are a big part of the failure culture that still persists at S6 

Not including Moore, Smith and Williams I'm on about the constant mob...

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Everyone of them to a man are a big part of the failure culture that still persists at S6 

Not including Moore, Smith and Williams I'm on about the constant mob...

I understand the argument that if you’re clearing out players to remove the culture of failure you should remove those coaching them.

BUT, bear in mind that the way we’ve been losing our managers in recent seasons we’d be in a total mess without those you refer to. There has to be some continuity at the club and if we’d had a stable management team Thompson, Bullen and Weaver (the constant mob) would not be around the first team on match days.

13 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I understand the argument that if you’re clearing out players to remove the culture of failure you should remove those coaching them.

BUT, bear in mind that the way we’ve been losing our managers in recent seasons we’d be in a total mess without those you refer to. There has to be some continuity at the club and if we’d had a stable management team Thompson, Bullen and Weaver (the constant mob) would not be around the first team on match days.

I kind of agree but at the same time, we are in a total mess aren’t we? Of course it’s possible that things could have been worse. But we are going down, and a lot of that is to do with the players mental fragility and propensity to make mistakes and crumble at important times. Much of that is the job of coaches to work on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Said before the club needs not just a clear out of players but a clear out of staff too, coaching team from U18 and U23, medical team, scouting team, recruitment team all need to go.

You only have to look at what has happened to Dawson and Wildsmith since Andy Rhodes has left, to see how poor some of the coaching has been.

Since Carlos has left can you honestly say any player is better now than when we first signed them?

I agree with all that but with regards to your last point, we have never improved players. Sterland might be the last.

2 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Not sure if Weaver is still around but what a come down from Andy Rhodes..

Weaver is better left to pod casts where he can wax lyrical about getting blind drunk on a pre season tour etc etc

Yes, he was there yesterday. 

Bullen still there.

Thomson still there. Nice guy but he was brought by Pulis.

Just a mismatch of different staff from different reigns.

47 minutes ago, Blatter said:

So if they are the constant, are they the problem?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Chansiri isn’t on the training pitch. These coaches haven’t improved our players. Do you think Man Utd fans would blame the glazers for Rashford not improving 

I think he means Chansiri won't sack them as they're part of the Family mentality Chansiri has! 

Unless DC realises his present methods and advisers are inadequate ,and employs a competent person to oversee recruitment any chance of a successful clear out is purely down to chance .

The chances of DC doing this are slimmer than my chances of winning the lottery.

I don’t have a go on the lottery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1