Things you’ve saved?

A menu from the 1996/97 Football Writers Player of the year awards. Zola won it and I got the menu signed by 9 previous winners who were at the dinner. Its in a box in the loft but I can definately recall Sir Stan Matthews Bobby Charlton Dave Mackay Bobby Collins Pat Jennings Sir Trevor Brooking. Cant recall the others without  searching it out.

On 23/04/2021 at 19:39, torryowl said:

a bit as i lived there for 30 years ........2 nothing clubs merge under the ownership of the doc martens owner (max griggs)  , he builds a complex incorperating shoe factory ,training ground and stadium ......gets em into the league , finds it cheaper to get his boots made in the far east and pulls the plug , some dubious types take over and it crashes and they drop out the league and eventually go bust ....kettering town rent the ground for a while but cant make it pay  so move to burton latimer ......the complex is then sold ,demolished and is now an aldi superstore .......rushden reform and play at the dog& duck ground wellingboro for 2 or 3 years but have now gone back to hayden road the old ground of rushden town .......thats the short story .

I said on here the other day in another thread, that I regard vs Rushden & Diamonds as our most laughably demeaning league fixture of all time. I feel even worse about it reading this.

"The dog and duck ground".. really!!

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I said on here the other day in another thread, that I regard vs Rushden & Diamonds as our most laughably demeaning league fixture of all time. I feel even worse about it reading this.

It was wellingboro towns ground so up to southern league standard ....theres a pub of that name that stands at the entrance to ground .....the one theyve gone back too is far worse unless the tarted it up since lived down there .

On 26/04/2021 at 15:47, sheffield_dave said:

I've said in several threads that I regard the 0-0 draw with them at home in the same division as the lowest point in our entire history............up to yet!