Things you’ve saved?

3 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Still have the Calgary Sun and Calgary Herald newspapers from December 10th 1980 - Lennon assassination.

Still seems like yesterday...  like reading the old ads in the papers...  One for a computer (ok not even as powerful as a calculator by today's standards.. but still)....   $15,000 YIKES....  (today I have an Asus gaming machine, my wife and I both have Macbook Pros,  we both have iPad Pros - that would have been silly money back then - Yes Macs are silly money now tbh)  .... WAWAW

or as they say about Macs ... "Best $4,000 I have ever spent on a $900 computer" lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

I just noticed that in the team sheet, there is an auction winner there. I always thought it was only a joke for our current situation but you learn something new every day :duntmatter:

That would explain Ola Tidman...

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Completely forgot about Rushden and Diamonds.

A club that existed for only 20 years, anyone know anything about them?

a bit as i lived there for 30 years ........2 nothing clubs merge under the ownership of the doc martens owner (max griggs)  , he builds a complex incorperating shoe factory ,training ground and stadium ......gets em into the league , finds it cheaper to get his boots made in the far east and pulls the plug , some dubious types take over and it crashes and they drop out the league and eventually go bust ....kettering town rent the ground for a while but cant make it pay  so move to burton latimer ......the complex is then sold ,demolished and is now an aldi superstore .......rushden reform and play at the dog& duck ground wellingboro for 2 or 3 years but have now gone back to hayden road the old ground of rushden town .......thats the short story .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Under the polce box said:

My dad gave Me this fruit knife from the 1935 Fa cup final .                               His dad gave it to him so I'm going to pass it on to my son .   

16191939383215090592263225117190.jpg

Wonderful heirloom! Just please don’t do it Pulp Fiction style, I’m wincing just thinking about it

19 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:

scored in his first start, 7-2 against Burnley. The first time we were relegated to league one. Lads been playing forever.

Went to that game, similar to Cardiff, relegated but go and smash a team, more enjoyable back then though.