41 Years Ago Tonight

10 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

All I remember is I copped off with a lass who had hairy arms and legs. 🤔

Hope you didnt find any crown jewels when you had a rummage, that happened to an old work colleague of mine in stars queen's Road 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am slightly too young to remember this game or season but always find it a little sad that out of last 50 years most of Sheffield Wednesday most memorable moments are getting out of the 3rd division.

I know they just don't know the good times.

no one ever say watching Kevin Pressman play in goal in an England B game vs Northern Ireland at Hillsborough.

or Kevin Davies scoring for Chesterfield vs Middlesbrough in an Fa cup semi final at Hillsborough.

or the first cup game in the Cola Cola cup when they gave out free coke.

happy times.😁😁😁😁

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

Hope you didnt find any crown jewels when you had a rummage, that happened to an old work colleague of mine in stars queen's Road 😂

Lol. Nothing like that. Even though I think she was a shoplifter as she had a sausage  hidden down her jeans. 🤔 ..... actually now you mention it 😮

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nut said:

I know what you mean and we haven't achieved much as a club over the last 50 years, but that period under Jack Charlton was absolutely amazing. The camaraderie and the feeling of togetherness with the players and manager was amazing. It may seem strange if you weren't there but for me it was more enjoyable than the Atkinson and Francis era (league cup win excepted). It could have been because of my age and it being the first success I'd seen but going to away matches and taking over the whole town, Wednesday fans everywhere in the ground, being able to stand up, amazing atmosphere, great characters on and off the pitch, no all ticket games, no sideways and backwards passing, just direct exciting football with players who genuinely cared about the club, and of course Terry Curran!

This in a nutshell for anyone of our age.

20 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

Still my most favourite away game ever - after years and years of watching abject football (my first game was the Man C relegation match 69/70) everything had fallen into place... I was at that age when I was beyond being obsessed with Wednesday - could afford to go to away matches and could get served in pubs so it was that time of life and me and my mates got carried along with it all...plus Tony Toms lived in our village and the players and Jack came into the local a few times too which really topped it off... Yeah ten years on we were even more successful and the football was better but these were still very special times!! 

.......................And this