Colin loves us really.......

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Megson has got a team promoted to the Premier League and kept them there. Warnock hasn't kept a team up. I wont forget how he went off when that thug hit Kirkland.

How many games does Megson have on his managerial career? How many promotions? His record doesn't remotely stand up next to Colin's.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is absolutely no doubt that he is brilliant at both getting and keeping teams up in the second tier of football in England.

There is also absolutely no doubt that he is anabsolutecunt who hates the club we love.

I personally love the banter. All a bit of fun. What's most bizarre is the fans who "love" the club, but wouldn't want him as manager, even if he was the guaranteed key to the club's success....

• Like 4

Proper old school manager,  one of the best at this level and it's not hard to see why.

Loves to be the pantomime villain but there's never any malice behind it, always raises a smile whenever he comes out with banter like this. I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to send us down, got to be used as motivation for our lot on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Divides opinion does Warnock

Especially with Wednesdayites for obvious reasons

One of the games characters the kind that the game is lacking

Acts very tongue in cheek. Always on the wind up. But seems a really decent guy away from the cooking pot football is

Whatever your opinion is of his personality. When all is said and done When he finally calls it a day and lays his record on the table it will reveal a damn good manager

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Megson has got a team promoted to the Premier League and kept them there. Warnock hasn't kept a team up. I wont forget how he went off when that thug hit Kirkland.

Only he didn't go off when that thug hit Kirkland. He was asked by the Sky reporter what he thought, and he said the thug should be sent to prison.  Couldn't be clearer than that.

Our previous chairman had Warnock lined up for the Owls job.  We'd have at least had a year or two in the Prem under him.

He got Notts County in the top division and they sacked him.  Didn't work out too well for County did it?  They're now playing clubs like Boreham Wood.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I don't think he hates us tbh. 

Wilder hates us, that is isn't in dispute. 

Warnock? 

Nah, I think it more him playing up to it tbh. Perhaps when he was with them lot he did, but it is so long ago I think he's mellowed out a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Warnock is definitely a relic of a past era but at the end of the day he can manage clubs in the championship better than many many managers can. I am certain his hatred of SWFC is tongue in cheek. But even if it isn’t I can’t help having a sneaking liking for the bloke. I don’t think it would have worked for him here because many people have taken his anti Wednesday stance to heart. I’m not bothered about it but can see why other might see him as having been disrespectful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

I’m most likely to be in a minority here, but I think the guy is absolutely brilliant. One of the very few characters left in the game. Speaks his mind and doesn’t care about any consequences. 

Obviously I felt differently when he managed the pigs but I’ve since warmed to him. 

Thats the difference with him and Wilder. Warnock was a proper love to hate character, whereas Wilder is just a bitter little poostain with a face like a dogs bumhole. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

He's a bit of a sh*t, but then I don't think he's ever pretended to be anything else.

I think he is pretty authentic tbh.

On the other hand, I always thought Wilder was a disingenuous sh*t. Knew how to play up to the right people and got away with it for a long time, helped by how good of a job be was doing up until recently. The fallout from his departure has shown him up for what he is - an ego maniac, only out for himself imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's a bit of a sh*t, but then I don't think he's ever pretended to be anything else.

I think he is pretty authentic tbh.

On the other hand, I always thought Wilder was a disingenuous sh*t. Knew how to play up to the right people and got away with it for a long time, helped by how good of a job be was doing up until recently. The fallout from his departure has shown him up for what he is - an ego maniac, only out for himself imo.

Wilder could be his son.

They are both peas from the same pod.