we stay up at Derby

44 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Derby win win on Saturday 

Birmingham are safe now and their players will be on the beach 

We might scrap a draw (if we score first) 

Then it's we need to win our last two and Derby lose their last two, plus Rotherham not winning another game 

Ain't happening 

Brum not safe yet. If they lose to Derby then that puts Derby 3 points behind them with 2 to play. Rotherham have 5 to play so both can overtake Birmingham.

I think Bowyer will have Birmingham well up for it to secure survival with a win. No way will they be on the beach as defeat puts them right back in it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, agentwalker said:

hypothetical situation.

we take it to the last day. All we need to do is beat Derby.

0-0 , 93min of the game we get a Pen.

who takes it?

Pelupessy 😁 And when he scores to keep us up he is carried around the pitch on the lap of honour and becomes a legendary hero 🥳🤣

Edited by OwlerIT

15 hours ago, runningaround said:

discuss

Derby are a bogey team for us and we will most likely get relegated (if not already down by then) having had 1-2 players sent off and them awarded at least 1 penalty that they score from in the 25th minute of extra time... However if we are already relegated by then I can see us winning this game by at least 4+ goals and taking them to absolute pieces...

16 hours ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Pride Park: The start of the great Wednesday demise all those Premier League years ago.

A fitting place for the start of our turnaround and return to former glories.

Or more likely we’ll lose in the 97th minute to get relegated to the pub league.

I think the demise that season was Newcastle away, but after that game. Derby away was the biggest sickener. Even if we had won that game, I don’t think it would have made any difference to that season.

25 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

Derby are a bogey team for us and we will most likely get relegated (if not already down by then) having had 1-2 players sent off and them awarded at least 1 penalty that they score from in the 25th minute of extra time... However if we are already relegated by then I can see us winning this game by at least 4+ goals and taking them to absolute pieces...

We only played them twice in the 60's and 70's, then we had a decent record against them in the 80's.

But after we beat them at Hillsborough in March 1990 we went 10 league games without a win until winning at Pride Park in 2005/06.

Then another 15 league games before our next win at Hillsborough in 2016/17. From that season our record has improved a bit, W3 D2 L4.

It's our record at Pride Park that's poor, 1 win in 16 league games there. Funnily enough Darren Moore played for them when we had our only win there. 

2 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Brum not safe yet. If they lose to Derby then that puts Derby 3 points behind them with 2 to play. Rotherham have 5 to play so both can overtake Birmingham.

I think Bowyer will have Birmingham well up for it to secure survival with a win. No way will they be on the beach as defeat puts them right back in it.

Birmingham are just about safe. Even if they lost all 3 of their games Rotherham would need  3 wins and a draw =10 points from their 5 games to catch them. I can't see them winning 3.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Birmingham are just about safe. Even if they lost all 3 of their games Rotherham would need  3 wins and a draw =10 points from their 5 games to catch them. I can't see them winning 3.

They aren't safe enough to be already on the beach as people keep saying. Birmingham will be going all out to win that game tomorrow for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

They aren't safe enough to be already on the beach as people keep saying. Birmingham will be going all out to win that game tomorrow for sure.

Yep I’ve been saying the same,  the late forest equaliser the other night was big as it means Brum can still be relegated and they won’t be relaxing just yet. They should put in enough effort to at least get a draw against a poor Derby side.

Personally I feel the scores tomorrow will be as follows..

Derby 1-1 Brum

Barnsley 2-1 Rotherham

Boro 3-1 owls 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Agree, its not the Wednesday way to beat the odds...  Even if we make it to the final day, we will bottle it...  We always do.

The Wednesday way is. We go on an unprecedented run. All other results go our way and we head to Derby needing a draw or better...... Then we get hammered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bassdrinker said:

The Wednesday way is. We go on an unprecedented run. All other results go our way and we head to Derby needing a draw or better...... Then we get hammered.

The Wednesday Way would be for us to concede late equalisers in our next 2 games whilst Derby lose their next 2, then actually win at Derby on the final day to go above them, and also to finish above Rotherham who lose all their remaining games. 

Only for another 98th minute penalty winner for Wycombe on the final day, 5 minutes after we beat Derby, to put them 4th bottom for the first time all season. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I would be very surprised if Bowyer or the club owners thought like you.  “Yeah Rotherham can overtake us, but it won’t happen so let’s slacken off now lads yeah?”. 

Fortunately I feel Birmingham will actually try tomorrow to mathematically ensure their safety for next season.  

• Thanks 1