we stay up at Derby

I think I want Rotherham to come down with us, don’t get me wrong I don’t like Derby at all but for me Rotherham being in a league above us is crap and probably wishful thinking but I can see Derby challenging us more at the top of league one than Rotherham would, unfortunately I think it will be us and Derby that go. Rotherham still above us and 2 games in hand is a worry. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 hours ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Pride Park: The start of the great Wednesday demise all those Premier League years ago.

A fitting place for the start of our turnaround and return to former glories.

Or more likely we’ll lose in the 97th minute to get relegated to the pub league.

dreadful day all round that, typical wednesday, fans rioting, police being arseholes... had it all

7 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

hypothetical situation.

we take it to the last day. All we need to do is beat Derby.

0-0 , 93min of the game we get a Pen.

who takes it?

Doesnt matter really as theres still plenty of time for us to give away an equaliser.

• Haha 1

If i was a Derby fans I'd have looked at our fixtures and thought, they'll draw at Middlesbrough and beat Forest - it's not unreasonable and they, like us, will be thinking the worst. That's 43 points. With similar goal difference, they'll need to probably get a 4 point gap before the final game, so they need a win and draw - Brum and Swansea? I just don't see it, and I bet they don't either. Unless we implode, which with Westwood back, and Moore's tactics taking shape, i hope doesn't happen, i think it's moving towards the last game decider.

I think Rotherham need two wins and a draw going into the last game - can't see them getting a point from the next two, so I'd expect their fans banking on Blackburn and Luton as wins - tough ask! Again, I wouldn't want to be them needing to beat Cardiff on the last day.

Just now, MRGRIM said:

Having it come down to a final day shootout between us and Derby is really all I am hoping for, and even that is every optimistic. 

Agree, its not the Wednesday way to beat the odds...  Even if we make it to the final day, we will bottle it...  We always do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Can't remember a last day where we stayed up, man city, forest, Palace, all Sent us down, do you remember one? 

No, I missed drama off the end of my sentence. I don't believe for one second that we have been successful in last day scenarios!

Toy town look out of steam.  

Derby, they have enough about them to beat us last say of the season .

us. We will lose at the weekend and that’s curtains. Remember , on evidence so far just going one goal down will mean we are down

6 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

I'm not religious but if somehow we get to the final round and can decide this on our own away to Derby, then I'm inclined to start believing someone in high places has a place for Wednesday in a grand scheme of things 😉

It sounds like a script in for movie , it would finally be redemption from all those years ago.... 

Problem is this is real life and very rarely works out like the movies in real life... 

That said I'd love to see Wayne Rooneys Derby get relagated at our expense. 

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Can't remember a last day where we stayed up, man city, forest, Palace, all Sent us down, do you remember one? 

Away at West Ham back in the David Pleat era.

Beating Ipswich in Trevor Francis' last game as manager.

Not exactly the last game, but I remember Burton O'Brien scoring in a win at Brighton with a game or two left that not only saved us but decided all three relegated teams at once.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Away at West Ham back in the David Pleat era.

Beating Ipswich in Trevor Francis' last game as manager.

Not exactly the last game, but I remember Burton O'Brien scoring in a win at Brighton with a game or two left that not only saved us but decided all three relegated teams at once.

We beat Norwich 4-1 at home last game of season in 2007/08 season where a defeat would have seen us relegated.

Think the match is more remembered for the send off Dion Dublin got being subbed on his retirement.

Also last game of 2012/13 Season we beat Middlesborough 2-0 at home to stop up with Steve Howard scoring I remember in front of the Kop.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We beat Norwich 4-1 at home last game of season in 2007/08 season where a defeat would have seen us relegated.

Think the match is more remembered for the send off Dion Dublin got being subbed on his retirement.

Also last game of 2012/13 Season we beat Middlesborough 2-0 at home to stop up with Steve Howard scoring I remember in front of the Kop.

Good goal that - half or full volley if I remember correctly. 

For the older ones - Southend 76, never seen so many grown men genuinely worried as that night. We'd never been in the 4th tier, and we were on the cusp, Literally 6 years after relegation from the top division. It was a proper last game shoot out as well as Southend also needed the win. I remember the last few games leading up to the game - we'd got some decent results, having looked gone.