Reda Johnson v Jordan Rhodes

17 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

One for the Jordan Rhodes fan club. Jordan Rhodes 80 games 15 goals (league). Reda Johnson 75 games 18 goals (league). Says it all really.

Barry Bannan 235 games 12 goals.

Does that mean both Rhodes and Reda are better than Bannan too.😂😂😂😂😂

17 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

One for the Jordan Rhodes fan club. Jordan Rhodes 80 games 15 goals (league). Reda Johnson 75 games 18 goals (league). Says it all really.

I loved Reda but what a pointless thread this is.

Opened it to see content, read this, commented, closed.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Well that is just simply not true.

He scored the opener in a 3-0 win over Birmingham and two in a 5-1 thrashing of Norwich. So none of those goals made any points difference in the way such things are normally presented. In his entire spell at the club he has only 3 assists (one of those coming just a few weeks ago), and only 1 came in his first season. And we had a 6 point cushion over the team in 7th anyway.

transfermarkt.com have him down as providing 5 assists since he signed for us.

Not many, I know - but you've just denied him 40% of his tally!

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

To be fair I’ve got as many assists as that. 
Sometimes when I’m a game I shout ‘SHOOT!’ really loud and the player then shoots and even on occasion scores!

I then chalk them down as as assist to me. Transfermarket.com don’t count them but I know the truth! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thought I'd check them on YouTube to make sure and the two sources I'd used were both wrong. At home to Cardiff and away at QPR his attempts were saved by the keeper and the rebounds put away, so he did have 3 assists that first season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Thought I'd check them on YouTube to make sure and the two sources I'd used were both wrong. At home to Cardiff and away at QPR his attempts were saved by the keeper and the rebounds put away, so he did have 3 assists that first season.

I never knew that would count as an assist.

Every day's a school day!

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Well that is just simply not true.

Well it quite simply is true.

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

He scored the opener in a 3-0 win over Birmingham and two in a 5-1 thrashing of Norwich. So none of those goals made any points difference in the way such things are normally presented. In his entire spell at the club he has only 3 assists (one of those coming just a few weeks ago), and only 1 came in his first season. And we had a 6 point cushion over the team in 7th anyway.

I'm not talking about how things are "normally presented", I'm talking about his actual involvement in the goals. I even said the word "involved".

In things like fantasy football (just for an example) these would all be classed as either Rhodes's goals or assists. Do you seriously think that if you took Rhodes's involvement out of those goals then the points return would've been the same? They were all significant.

Scored the opener against Birmingham (hence the "go-ahead" goal)

Scored the go-ahead goal against Norwich.

Assisted Wallace's winner at Wigan.

Assisted Forestieri's winner against Cardiff (rebound)

Assisted Pudil's winner at QPR (rebound)

The only one that may not be 100% assist (as far as strict stats go anyway) was the goal at Wigan because the ball looks like it might have just glanced a defender on the way through to Wallace.

23 hours ago, Dooogs said:

What happened to Reda's career? I know he wasn't a Prem player, cult hero that he was for us, but I'm surprised he didn't carve out a career as a L1 goalscoring utility dude 

He was never fit here. Terrible lie appearance record but because he was so loved it never get mentions. Even worse injury record at Coventry so ended up at non league while still in his 20s.

On 21/04/2021 at 20:22, Lunny1968 said:

Here's a couple more

Kadeem Harris - 79 games, 3 goals

Bannan - 88 games - 4 goals

Get Reda back and play him in midfield ...