Jump to content

100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.


Recommended Posts

God knows. I’ve seen ‘we’d be safe in Monk had stayed’ threads as well. 
No doubt the Pulis time was a disaster but maybe if he had stayed we also be safe (assuming he’d twisted DC’s arm for a striker). 
All in all I think the killer has been the multiple changes as much as anything. That and the lack of striker coming in which I think has a lot to do with having no manager in place during the window. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We are starting to get near a decent level of football

This is true. Results have been garbage right through the season but for what it’s worth the recent games have been a type of football that I don’t mind watching. We’ve missed loads of chances but at least we’ve made some!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Huge improvements in terms of tactics/style/mentality etc. etc.

 

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

How can you pin it and say Pulis has cost us it in the end?

Under Moore we should've got points from Rotherham, 3 points vs Bristol City, Huddersfield were poor and there for the taking.

You can't pin it on 1 man when we've had Monk Pulis Thompson and Moore who've all made errors as well.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we now have a proper manager. Let's hope Chansiri gives him the freedom he needs to succeed. 

 

Hopefully this also puts to bed the idea that the only way to win games with a poor/ average squad is by playing dreadful football. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We are starting to get near a decent level of football

 

All we need now are some decent players. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure. Don't get me wrong I like the more attacking footy but we still have the same weak players.

 

Hopefully when he gets his own players in we will see it come to fruition. Providing he doesn't get sacked.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go back a little further.

If DC had got rid of Monk in Pre season after the disaster of the second half of last season.

Then appointed Moore then we would have been in Clover.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 100% convinced that you’re correct. 
Last night we weren’t exactly pulling up trees, but to have players in and around the opposition box every time a winger/midfielder played the ball forward is huge progress itself!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think even had he been appointed straight after Pulis (instead of waiting months for the wheels to fall off again under the caretaker and be forced into making a decision) and we'd have probably just had enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, torryowl said:

We'll  never know but when you have 4 managers in one season I think it's hard to pin it one bloke unless its chansiri .

Plus we’ve played 8 games with 10 men not including the six point deduction 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

How can you pin it and say Pulis has cost us it in the end?

Under Moore we should've got points from Rotherham, 3 points vs Bristol City, Huddersfield were poor and there for the taking.

You can't pin it on 1 man when we've had Monk Pulis Thompson and Moore who've all made errors as well.

 

Because under Pulis first couple of games aside we were shapeless, listless, zero attacking threat, players clearly didn't understand the tactics or refused to play to the tactics, our shape was off, everything was just a mess, under Moore even the games we should have got more from and didn't were generally due to individual errors that were costly but over the 90 minutes we were for the most part playing as a team with a style and identity that meant players knew where the other was meant to be at all times.

 

The issues that Moore hasn't been able to improve are the fact we have so little coming off the bench Harris, Green, Kachunga have all been abysmal for the last few months. Moore is having to rotate a core of about 14 players he knows he can somewhat rely on to do what he expects of them.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Huge improvements in terms of tactics/style/mentality etc. etc.

 

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

It would be nice before the end of the season to have a team that could give a consistent level of performance for the full 90 minutes compared to the one half we currently have.

 

I cannot remember a season when 1st to 2nd half was so chalk and cheese these are not kids playing they are season pro's when the dust settles a lot of them should be hanging their heads in shame of some of the performance they have churned out this season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

God knows. I’ve seen ‘we’d be safe in Monk had stayed’ threads as well. 
No doubt the Pulis time was a disaster but maybe if he had stayed we also be safe (assuming he’d twisted DC’s arm for a striker). 
All in all I think the killer has been the multiple changes as much as anything. That and the lack of striker coming in which I think has a lot to do with having no manager in place during the window. 

 

Hence why TP was sacked. DC didn’t want to fork out for one IMO?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I've enjoyed watching us play football under Moore, that in itself is a monumental improvement on Monk, Pulis.

Edited by striker
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...