Supporter Engamement

DC said he is open to reducing prices but the club must be sustainable, the owner cannot continually make up

shortfalls

In other words he has ran out of money after telling us before he had virtually unlimited funds.

If we are a club that had to balance budgets then fair enough, its actually not a bad thing but then you need someone who has experience running a club well.

Need to make every penny work for you. I simply don't think Chansiri has the skills set for this.

His big selling point was he was mega rich and could plough resources into the club, not that he cant what else do he have to offer the club?

Also hoping  to refund people by end off May, that probably means they wont which means it will be over a year that some people have been waiting for they own money back.
Its been a PR disaster for the club.

• Like 4

The panel said we all have to think about how we have got to this position and how to avoid it in the future and sustainability is crucial. The panel said they realise no one can demand reduced prices and not recognise the impact on the club

His massive overspend that could never be sustained has put us in a desperate financial position

But it’s the fan’s responsibility to make sure the club is sustainable 

Dig deep next season

The already catastrophic pricing is here to stay

If ever there was a week to make me think of walking away from football this week is it

its morally and financially bankrupt 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

If ever there was a week to make me think of walking away from football this week is it

its morally and financially bankrupt 

Yep

Just picking up on Chansiri's comments again on CEO type roles, It's not that we want to duplicate workload, rather the person doing the job currently, be that him or his puppet Paxo, neither are any good and proved grossly incompetent.

As for considering ticket prices around a principle of breaking even, is he having a laugh? (See above, regarding the competence of those running the club and likelihood finances will be managed diligently)

• Like 5

Presumably the financial statements will be filed before 30 April when the are due to be filed to take us out of the embargo we are currently under.

As it's a bit difficult to rebuild a team when you cannot sign players 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't read anything put out by the bloke/guy anymore without feeling complete contempt.

"Regarding a CEO, he repeated that what is the best for the club, he will do. He said it is not uncommon in Asia where you can take the role of CEO and chairman for example at the same time. DC said he has an experienced senior management team (SMT) in place and sub-committees too."

A bunch of unqualified gimps, ruining the club with their ego jerk circle, all kept secret by their master.

What a joke of a man. 

• Like 1

Gave up on him changing his ways a long time ago, but credit to the Trust for trying to open his eyes and making him accountable for his dreadful management of this club.

Had a quick read, usual responses from DC... doesn't need help running the club... transfers are pot luck... no problem with ticketing structure despite 55% wanting a refund blah blah blah  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Certainly worth a read just to get some confirmation that things are bad as I fear. 
Might as well just get a wall installed for everyone to go and bang their heads against....

Doesn't comprehend it at all does he. 

One thing I'd interested to hear are the views on those that attend? Are these minutes a true reflection of the evening? It seems like his running of the club gets off extremely easy. 

I have to say I have read the 5 pages and have to simply ask what is the point?

Every query raised was ignored by DC and his experienced team that in their 6 years have taken a mid-table championship team losing £5m a season to a relegation certainty championship team losing £20m a season and homeless due to the level of debt the 'experience team' have allowed to build up.

It is clear to anyone with an IQ over 1 to see that the current system is failing massively and qualified football people are needed instead DC and his team continue to place their fingers in their ears when anyone question that they don't know what they are doing.

As for the farce answer with ticket prices do what you want DC - but if we are in the third division next season and you are charging £30+ for the game you will be he only team in the league playing in front of no fans, when other team fans are allowed back in the stadium.

The reason you are struggling to balance the books is the millions being wasted on players who never play - Rhodes barely played until the new manager came in - just the £2m wasted on his salary yearly for the last 4 years, Westwood £1m a season to play less than 20 games, Marriott, & Brown millions wasted for them to never play, Dunkley a crock when we signed him still a crock now. When someone with dodgy knees in Hutch is a better fitness certainty than Luongo you know you have signed yet another crock.

When he talks about balancing the book maybe just maybe he should balance the playing staff with players that can play 46 league games a season instead of a squad of 28 players that 19 players have made few than 20 starts this season.

But I am sure it will be the fault of EFL's, fans, Covid etc not the bloke and his experienced team.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

There seems to be a definite different tone to DC in this meeting, everything is about SWFC being sustainable, he is happy for the club to break even.  The problem is even under Dave Allen where we spent very little the club could not break even, now we have more outgoings by way of having to rent the stadium.  There is no way the club will break even, especially in league one.

Look at how many clubs make a profit, there are one of two ways..

1. Be in the prem with all its riches, especially if you are a massive club like Man Utd etc then you get all the european money etc, been often even those clubs struggle to make any profit.

2. You have a decent academy and you sell players like Norwich.

I cannot see either of these approaches working under DC, we are not ever going to be some revenue generating goliath like the top 5 teams...   And DC does not sell players.

When DC came in he was happy to spend, and we all know spent too much.  But I was hoping he would at least have spent a bit but within ffp.  Trying to make the club breakeven if that is his ultimate goal will mean we have a chairman of the same ilk as Dave Allen.   Our best hope of moving forward as we saw was when we spent money, if  DC is not willing to pump money into the club any more and wants to break even then we will languish in league one for many years.  I have always tried to defend DC but I dont think the club can move on unless we have a chairman that is willing to put money into the club an accept its never going to be a money making business.

Maybe I have miss interpreted DC and maybe he will put some money in as and when he wants too.  Its all too easy for a chairman to say you come up with the solution or let me get on with it but thats not really acceptable.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

There seems to be a definite different tone to DC in this meeting, everything is about SWFC being sustainable, he is happy for the club to break even.  The problem is even under Dave Allen where we spent very little the club could not break even, now we have more outgoings by way of having to rent the stadium.  There is no way the club will break even, especially in league one.

Look at how many clubs make a profit, there are one of two ways..

1. Be in the prem with all its riches, especially if you are a massive club like Man Utd etc then you get all the european money etc, been often even those clubs struggle to make any profit.

2. You have a decent academy and you sell players like Norwich.

I cannot see either of these approaches working under DC, we are not ever going to be some revenue generating goliath like the top 5 teams...   And DC does not sell players.

When DC came in he was happy to spend, and we all know spent too much.  But I was hoping he would at least have spent a bit but within ffp.  Trying to make the club breakeven if that is his ultimate goal will mean we have a chairman of the same ilk as Dave Allen.   Our best hope of moving forward as we saw was when we spent money, if  DC is not willing to pump money into the club any more and wants to break even then we will languish in league one for many years.  I have always tried to defend DC but I dont think the club can move on unless we have a chairman that is willing to put money into the club an accept its never going to be a money making business.

Maybe I have miss interpreted DC and maybe he will put some money in as and when he wants too.  Its all too easy for a chairman to say you come up with the solution or let me get on with it but thats not really acceptable.

The only way to break even is to be a selling club. Whether that be signing frees/selling for profit or selling academy players. 

With DCs history of refusing to let players go I find it pretty ironic. 

BTW I’m all for the club been run even and selling players. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

DC said he is open to reducing prices but the club must be sustainable, the owner cannot continually make up

shortfalls

So he took over a business that everyone knew was losing anywhere between £3 - 6 million a year, massively increased spending, then says he can't keep making up the shortfall.

Does he not understand the concept of cause and effect or something?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

For me, the engagement panel should take him to task on recruitment and who decided on the summer transfers, because the vast majority aren't good enough, we've got from having a squad who got us to 3rd after half a season to a squad that are struggling to keep us in the division regardless of a points deduction.