Joey P - A well done thread.

Guest Smackavolley
29 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

have you seen how many points we have this season? I can sit here theorising and explaining away how an elephant can balance on the edge of a cliff by holding onto a daisy with his elephant trunk. Doesn’t mean it’s right. 
anyone who has eyes can see he is the most limited player for a regular starter we have had in decades  
Your trying to compare dog poo with white dog poo fella. 

get rid of as many of this squad as possible and he should be first out of the door 

Don’t sit on the fence fella. Tell us what you think.

😂

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well I mean come on, I know we have had rough times the past 2 and half decades but I draw the line when people are defending a midfielder for having the ability to win 28 points from 63 available when he’s played ffs!
thats without me talking about the points we lost after he came on or won after he went off. 

The fact anyone is championing him being ok just shows how low our fans have now set the bar. 

incredible really 

In a season, there are 138 points available to be won. 28/63 = 44.4%. Over the course of a season, that's 61 points out of 138. I think it's incredible really that someone would attempt to frame 61 points as something to "draw the line" at? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well I mean come on, I know we have had rough times the past 2 and half decades but I draw the line when people are defending a midfielder for having the ability to win 28 points from 63 available when he’s played ffs!
thats without me talking about the points we lost after he came on or won after he went off. 

The fact anyone is championing him being ok just shows how low our fans have now set the bar. 

incredible really 

Yeah he's limited but he's had a good season.

Always available not shirked and been one of the better players for consistency.

Is he good enough, probably not but there's nothing wrong with a bit of praise for Joey when he's done well.

You put in your other post "get rid of as many of this squad as possible and he should be first out of the door "

That's a great analysis but I'm interested to know who you would keep yno. Cos given the season that's just passed I'd keep none.

None are good enough for the level we want to be at but I'm still ok praising players that have had a decent season.

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Are we really going down the route of This sort of math to try to prove the impossible? 

This is why I quoted the games he’s played against lesser opposition etc because it is t black and white. 
do you think the 13 games he missed against the top half teams he would have kept those same stats?

i think the 10 from 30 he played in proves that wouldn’t have happened. 

anyone with eyes knows he is dogger we don’t need to keep doing this lol

My post wasn't referring to Joey P, it was only commenting on the fact that you were like "only x points from y games", when the only would extrapolate out to 61 points. I'd be delighted with only 61 points!

Awful player at this level. When he's on his best form he's still below what's required by a team wanting to compete above the relegation places. Can't wait to not have to watch him in a Wednesday shirt.

Having said that, I'd love nothing more than him to have three stormers and leave me with egg all over my face as we pull of the most unlikely of escapes. Not holding my breath though.

• Haha 2

I think we all know Pelupessy limitations as a player and I have been very frustrated over the years with how poor he is at times.

Yet in the second half vs Blackburn when he broke up play and then charged into a 40/60 tackle and won it, I could not help but warm to him. There are so many players in our team who would have bottled that 40/60 and he was never going to.

He clearly has a good attitude and like many have said in this thread, he would do a job in League 1.

Pelupessy is a strange situation,

Stay up - Release

Go Down - 1 year deal.

• Like 1

he has been decent this season, where we have needed to play defensively given the poor squad and goalscoring issues we have had.

Assuming we are in League 1, we will be playing more on the front foot given the poorer opposition.  As such, a 'holder' like JP who offers nothing going forwards isn't as useful.  Release if relegated, retain if we stay up.  In both scenarios I would release the other holding MF Hutchinson.

On 21/04/2021 at 08:46, TrickyTrev said:

My concern is his one good game in every 20 means he’ll be kept in the side for what is a must win game at Boro this weekend.

Boro is only the latest must win game. Blackburn was as much a must win game, and he did ok then. 

He's been a bit better lately, but still needs replacing in the summer.

If you have a Central Midfield pairing of Quagmire and Bannan, you are basically saying you don't want any goals from this part of the pitch.

Oh for a fit Luongo, who can tackle, pass and shoot - or a born again Kieran Lee.

21 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

incredible really 

this 100%

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The old saying  " Don't count your chickens " comes to mind.

Maybe .

I have seen a fair bit of league 1 in the last few years as I take kids to see mk dons a bit .

only 40 mins drive and kids get in free. The quality is a big step down from the championship especially the attacking play that is very formulaic.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Maybe .

I have seen a fair bit of league 1 in the last few years as I take kids to see mk dons a bit .

only 40 mins drive and kids get in free. The quality is a big step down from the championship especially the attacking play that is very formulaic.

Don't disagree with you at all. I think the problem is, we have no idea what resources we will have to be on " the front foot "

UTO