Joey P - A well done thread.

Joey gets all the abuse 

Yet there's players in this squad on double if not treble his wage, who haven't go the heart or fitness to fight for the club 

Joey would probably admit he ain't the most talented player in our squad but the so called stars of this team should be ashamed of themselves, reach couldn't give a t055 and is very well payed for it 

• Love 1

I'm not sure how much we pay JP, but the stats show he played a lot of games (perhaps more so at the back end of last season and most of this) during a time when results have proved us to be a relegation team. If he has vastly improved he might be useful in Division 1.

We could also deduce from the stats that (taking the players who have the most appearances) that a lot of our players are not good enough for championship football. Statistics could therefore show that along with Fletcher the two banished by Monk were better for us than their replacements.

JP along with Palmer, Lees and Harris (despite starting well) have shown themselves to be poor footballers over the last two years do we now think they have improved at the end of the season.

Reach has it in him but looks disinterested. Patterson is just a battler without control but his long throws might be useful if we score from one.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, should know better said:

I'm not sure how much we pay JP, but the stats show he played a lot of games (perhaps more so at the back end of last season and most of this) during a time when results have proved us to be a relegation team. If he has vastly improved he might be useful in Division 1.

We could also deduce from the stats that (taking the players who have the most appearances) that a lot of our players are not good enough for championship football. Statistics could therefore show that along with Fletcher the two banished by Monk were better for us than their replacements.

JP along with Palmer, Lees and Harris (despite starting well) have shown themselves to be poor footballers over the last two years do we now think they have improved at the end of the season.

Reach has it in him but looks disinterested. Patterson is just a battler without control but his long throws might be useful if we score from one.

Its a fact that 76.48% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Minesapint said:

That’s why Pelupessy gets such a bad press The game has changed and it’s more about interventions than tackling as they turn into fouls far too often in the modern game.  It’s also why Pelupessy  has been regularly selected by the variety of managers we have had since he came 

Problem is he makes nowhere near enough interventions due to him being taken out of the game way too easily.

The only reason he's been regularly selected is a lack of options.

A big reason we are where we are is because we've found ourselves in a situation where we've had to rely on players like JP.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Problem is he makes nowhere near enough interventions due to him being taken out of the game way too easily.

The only reason he's been regularly selected is a lack of options.

A big reason we are where we are is because we've found ourselves in a situation where we've had to rely on players like JP.

As a follow up I have just seen the stats of Phillips for Leeds against Liverpool. Considering he was reckoned to have had an influential game he made 2 tackles and 2 interventions. I reckon on that basis Joey’s 4  was not too bad 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minesapint said:

As a follow up I have just seen the stats of Phillips for Leeds against Liverpool. Considering he was reckoned to have had an influential game he made 2 tackles and 2 interventions. I reckon on that basis Joey’s 4  was not too bad 

Did you see my post in the thread where I said he was outstanding in the 2nd half

Sadly he seldom performs that way.

18 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lol. The fact some of our fans still rate him and think he will do ok is frightening. By far the worst Regular starting midfielder I have seen at the club in my lifetime. 
same cliche rolled out everytime “always shows effort” so would I if they put me on the pitch I tdoeant mean I should be on their ffs.

get rid along with every other player we can and rebuild. 

Twice as many points with him starting as not starting.

For all the rhetoric people on here spout, no one can explain that anomaly. "But there are 10 other players on the pitch"... yeah, there are. Tonnes of variables. Over a 46 game season that statistical "noise" would smooth itself out. The fact it hasn't, and we're left with the above fact, is startling.

You have to explain why we get twice as many points when he starts vs when he doesn't. Go on, we're all waiting. I'd love an explanation, because to me he isn't very good. But objectively... we get a lot more points with him starting than with him not.