Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

I don't know if it's been talked about already, but https://www.101greatgoals.com/top-stories/wider-good-of-the-game-is-a-secondary-concern-founding-club-board-member-exposes-true-super-league-intentions/ if you haven't heard about it yet.

This video is a lot better though, it talks about other things like the other PL clubs wanting the 6 to be kicked out etc.

Also this: Man U, Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have left. The Chairman of Juventus was also the Chairman of the ECA and had a seat on UEFA's executive committee.    

I've read too that the 12 clubs already have legal proceedings in motion. It's like Gary Neville kinda said, all this has been planned and people like the Glazer's wouldn't have put names to things if it wasn't for real. Basically with the nuclear war quote, the European football world is currently like the Cuban Missile Crisis, who blinks first? We're blockading them, but the problem is the 12 clubs are going all in.

maxresdefault.jpg 

The fans:  terminator-nuke-gif-9.gif  Hopefully whatever happens "normal" football will be like it once was/more fairer again. The players hold the real power, but money talks. I see it happening and players and other clubs will sell out kinda like what happened with how the PL started. I won't be interested in the SL anyway, but many will. Like Neville kinda said again, if 150,000,000 people around the world pay 1 Pound etc. to watch 1 match, that's 150 million in the bank. 

Edited by Incognito Owl
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How can anybody call it a big 6 with Spurs in it?

What are the criteria for being big?

A club like Ajax aren’t involved, nor any team from Rome? 
Lyon anybody? Seven consecutive league titles & 4 cup wins this century. 
The whole thing is laughable. 

This was asked on a Spurs footballing Youtube channel, they said they have a worldwide following of over 100m and that's a very big market for selling product.

Starting thinking money instead of trophies won, history and tradition it's the new thinking.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

WTF is Perez talking about saying young people aren’t interested in football anymore? Football has probably never been more popular 

It is the way they consume it though.

I suspect a lot of the younger fans don't have the patience to sit through ninety minutes and will instead opt to watch the highlights on YouTube, Twitter etc.

Once again, a situation which the clubs have helped manufacture.

For all intents and purposes, these 12 teams are moving towards being content creators rather than sports teams.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

WTF is Perez talking about saying young people aren’t interested in football anymore? Football has probably never been more popular 

Playing yes, watching no.

At 9 my eldest can't get through a game. 30 mins max until it's boring and he wants to do something else.

Everything is instantly available to most kids these days. Media wise. Why watch the boring stuff when you can skip to the goals etc later.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, owls66 said:

Kick all of them out of their domestic competitions.

Bye bye.

Then you create what they want as a bye product. You give the clubs no choice but to form a new league.

These clubs have literally got the whole of football by the balls.

And they know it. They were allowed to become to powerful. The game was replaced by a "product" and this is the result.

In buisness (which this has become), if you stand still, you die. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Then you create what they want as a bye product. You give the clubs no choice but to form a new league.

So?

They are doing that anyway.

The real danger is that they will remain in English football transforming the entire rest of the football pyramid into jobbers for the 'important' clubs.

There is something mildly ironic about  Sky and other broadcasters being up in arms about the actions of the big 6.

This being the same big 6 (originally the big 4) that they have been quite happy to promote over pretty much everyone else for the last two decades.

Yes, these clubs have been or ended up becoming the most successful (apart from Spurs), but we've pretty much all come to accept that no one outside of this lot really matters. How many of us roll our eyes when Super Sunday involves Burnley v Southampton?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

So?

They are doing that anyway.

The real danger is that they will remain in English football transforming the entire rest of the football pyramid into jobbers for the 'important' clubs.

They won't remain in the pyramid, they don't want to. They want a European league to run, as a normal league. Not as an additional competition.

All you do is speed it up. That's the ultimate goal here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It is the way they consume it though.

I suspect a lot of the younger fans don't have the patience to sit through ninety minutes and will instead opt to watch the highlights on YouTube, Twitter etc.

Once again, a situation which the clubs have helped manufacture.

For all intents and purposes, these 12 teams are moving towards being content creators rather than sports teams.

Young fans have also been priced out of football. Thats a major factor. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Playing yes, watching no.

At 9 my eldest can't get through a game. 30 mins max until it's boring and he wants to do something else.

Everything is instantly available to most kids these days. Media wise. Why watch the boring stuff when you can skip to the goals etc later.

I would have thought Most 9 year olds are like that. I couldn’t get through a game when I was a kid. But yeah probs especially hard now with the way teams play passing it between their defence for 80% of the match 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1