Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Burnley Vs Fulham!

(Not that the big games are ever great)

Yeah any game really. I remember those Sunday afternoon 2nd division games we used to get on itv. Never the best technical games, but lots of fun to watch as a neutral growing up.

Or football Italia.

They don't have to be blockbusters.

If you want to inspire kids you need two things, give them the opportunity to see a game. Secondly give them an option to play it.

I'd say the two are linked.

Edited by Maddogbob

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Funnily enough, the worst PL games atm are often the ones between the big clubs.

So many draws.

The amount of utterly boring Manchester Utd Vs Liverpool games I've sat through over the years completely backs this up.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, Owl-about-that-then said:

ifollow isn't as bad a price when you get the full season or monthly pass (especially if it is a busy month). £20 monthly, £140 for the season. Yeah, it's a lot of money  to watch ONLY Wednesday and I wish instead it covered all clubs, but since I've moved abroad it's all I have 😅 Just a pain in the backside too when a match is on the equivalent of sky over here, I either have to sign up for a month at £40 a month, or have audio only. 

Tbf I'd be quite happy to pay 140 notes a year to watch Wednesday from the sofa.

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Iptv £40  for the year

VPN £20 for the year 

Football from all over the world 

Bt sports

Sky sports 

Movies 

All you need

Sky's a ripoff

Apart from the fact that IPTV is illegal, what kind of VPN do you get for £20 a year?

One with a lot of DNS leaks is the answer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The amount of utterly boring Manchester Utd Vs Liverpool games I've sat through over the years completely backs this up.

Probably the most overrated game in English football.

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a classic between these two. 

The ones with Rafa and Houllier were absolutely chores to watch and Man U have been pretty w@nk in the last several years.

Suppose City and Liverpool have served up some good ones recently.

North London derby used to be quality, but the two teams right now are so bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf I'd be quite happy to pay 140 notes a year to watch Wednesday from the sofa.

This season hasn't felt as worth it (but of course I will always put myself through it no matter how torturous),  but yeah, it aint bad for those of us who cannot get to Hillsborough

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

14 clubs want the big 6 chief execs and chairman removed...

Yeah, that'll really do it.

Proper show them.

Idiots.

I guess it's more that they have all been involved in meetings and working groups with these specific people who have sat there and happily lied to their faces for years.

More personal than anything to do with football.

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

More personal than anything to do with football.

That's what the problem as well, personal. The whole lot and club should be sanctioned.

Not just a couple of money men.

But oh no! we can't have the prescious EPL harmed can we?

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest T Hardy

Is anyone else so disinterested in football right now that they’d quite happily have seen this go ahead? Seeing all the pundits kicking off about it like they did made me want it to happen more. Of course they were panicking because it’s a project they and their employers were very unlikely to be involved in. Let’s not forget it’s their reaction that made them abandon the idea, if Neville, Shearer and Lineker were saying how great it was going to be, it’d be going ahead. Apparently the fans matter now to these people, I don’t see them complaining when Newcastle fans have to travel to Brighton and back on a Monday night, but the fans matter so much to them apparently.

Guest T Hardy
On 23/04/2021 at 17:39, SiJ said:

Funnily enough, the worst PL games atm are often the ones between the big clubs.

So many draws.

Football is becoming very boring as managers try to emulate Pep.

If you’ve got the players to do it, quick build up possession play is phenomenal to watch. Just watch Barcelona between 2008 and 2012. If you don’t have the players, it’s slow, dull and frustrating to watch.