They will leave the premier league, Already dont give a fizz about the fa or league cup. Only way to stop it is if Fa have the balls to say any player registered with the big six clubs wont be picked for international games ! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

They need permission from the PL to take part, if they want to stay members of the PL at least.

That won't happen, so it looks like there could be a prolonged stand off and it will no doubt end up in the courts.  I wonder what Nic De Marco is up to these days...?

Anyway, personally I think it's hilarious. Elite level football and money finally eats itself and spits out a sterile, closed shop competition, that will be about as much fun as a bad toothace. 

They've killed the sport I love, but frankly they are welcome to it.

What cricket said about IPL.

Now look.

• Love 1

The say there are 6 top clubs from England... Only seen the names of 4....who's to say we aren't one of the remaining 2....🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mogbad said:

“The Greedy Six” will probably end up with a guaranteed bigger slice of the Premiership pie to remain within the English pyramid. So they’ll win whichever way it goes. 

Football’s greed will kill itself eventually & these proposals would be a few more nails in the coffin.

People keep sayin stuff like this all the time..there’s no sign of the greed slowing down...sky goin ******** up etc...haalands agent wants him to be the first million pound a week footballer...and he probably will be

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

They absolutely SHOULD kick these clubs out of the Premiership with their embarrassing closed shop testicles.

See how many of their fans will follow them around Europe every week.

Not that they care.  They will still have all their 'fans' in China and the Middle East.

Football for the spectator is dead.

They aren't concerned with away fans none will be able to spare the time or  expense to travel all over Europe. The clubs know and accept that. Its the global TV money thats the carrot - it will make the Premier League look like paupers.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

They will leave the premier league, Already dont give a fizz about the fa or league cup. Only way to stop it is if Fa have the balls to say any player registered with the big six clubs wont be picked for international games ! 

That would harm England though and also would the players give a tòss anyway?

As I said earlier there will be one hell of a legal battle between the clubs and Premier League. I may be wrong but I think that  Premier League clubs cant enter any competition not sanctioned by the league. I think all would have to resign from the PL and that is when the fun will start. Lawyers will be rubbing their hands already. The other problem is that legal proceedings can take so  long (years) that the clubs wishing to break away could be left in  limbo. This could get very very messy and change the face of football as we know it.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

That would harm England though and also would the players give a tòss anyway?

You're right many players find playing for their countries an inconvenience so it wont bother some. Just another facet of the modern game which has declined over the years. 

3 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

They need permission from the PL to take part, if they want to stay members of the PL at least.

That won't happen, so it looks like there could be a prolonged stand off and it will no doubt end up in the courts.  I wonder what Nic De Marco is up to these days...?

Anyway, personally I think it's hilarious. Elite level football and money finally eats itself and spits out a sterile, closed shop competition, that will be about as much fun as a bad toothace. 

They've killed the sport I love, but frankly they are welcome to it.

Football is already mutated and dead below the top level.

I’d quite like it if the fat cat footballing illuminati disappeared to do their own thing. Dubai would be buzzing on a match day but the rest of us could actually re create a decent domestic game again.

• Like 7

Let the greedy  six go and tell them they will NEVER be allowed to play in the English leagues again. Greed has destroyed the gane we all love. Let them feck off for the good of English football. Maybe these clubs chasing the money will allow English football to press the reset button. It's long overdue. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, heppers said:

Just in case football wasn’t dead enough. Seriously, this would probably end my interest. 

Why? I’m interested in Wednesday...why would the best clubs in England running off to play the best clubs in europe end your interest in football? Strange comment

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why? I’m interested in Wednesday...why would the best clubs in England running off to play the best clubs in europe end your interest in football? Strange comment

I get what he's saying. Football clubs  are part of the fabric of society and whilst I accept its not the working class cloth cap and pint of ale game it once was (mores the pity) it seems that in a small way if you destroy the football set up in this country you are chipping away at communities and society itself. I might have put it a bit cack handedly but I think some on here will get what Im trying to say.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Why am I not surprised klopp is all for this 

A German to55er who doesn't have a clue about the history of English football 

He should have been heavily fined and banned when he did his Fa Cup stunt a few years back 

Him and his scouse w@nker club can f#ck off and never come back for me 

What has he said?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Why am I not surprised klopp is all for this 

A German to55er who doesn't have a clue about the history of English football 

He should have been heavily fined and banned when he did his Fa Cup stunt a few years back 

Him and his scouse w@nker club can f#ck off and never come back for me 

Here here

This whole thing stinks to high heaven as it is. Closed shop competitions completely fly in the face of everything football has ever stood for.

But if somehow it saves failure teams within the league system from being relegated as well it will be even worse.

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

This whole thing stinks to high heaven as it is. Closed shop competitions completely fly in the face of everything football has ever stood for.

But if somehow it saves failure teams within the league system from being relegated as well it will be even worse.

on the one hand it would give us another season in the Championship but on the other the Berties woud get another one in the prem with all the rewards ££££££'ssssssss

The irony is that the European Super League has nothing to do with Europe.

It seems that they must know this will alienate their traditional, ticket buying fans. And a lot of their glory supporting armchair fans will lose interest when they never win anything.

Same with neutral European fans. No-one will want to watch it.

But this is about the money to be made in the Asian TV and fan markets, not the European ones.

• Like 3

I was completely enthralled and appalled watching the last twenty minutes yesterday, rather sealing our relegation. It didn't matter somehow where in the football pyramid we were, it was Wednesday and it was tense and dramatic. It mattered. It spoiled my day. The hell with the big 6, we don't need them. I hope they are successful in their Super League. And good for them in sticking two fingers up to the PL, UEFA and FIFA. I really can't stand them.

• Like 1