Jump to content

Bristol City WAS the last chance...


Recommended Posts

With us playing Derby last game of the season then getting a win against Bristol City really WAS the last chance we had of any survival and even then it was a slim one.
 

With the goals and points shift we only need to be 3 points behind Derby on the last day to potentially avoid the drop with a win. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El Toro said:

With us playing Derby last game of the season then getting a win against Bristol City really WAS the last chance we had of any survival and even then it was a slim one.
 

With the goals and points shift we only need to be 3 points behind Derby on the last day to potentially avoid the drop with a win. 

Last realistic chance was weeks ago to be honest

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

People talk about the Luton game a lot, either as being one of the last chances or the point it felt like the final nail.

 

That was 11 games ago over 2 months. 
 

A team that loses that many “must win” games or missed chances over that amount of time deserves absolutely nothing. 
 

Forget the Derby game. At this point I just hope the relegation is by more than 6 points so that clown has one less thing to blame during his meandering, aimless media debrief rant.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst a win yesterday would have kept us hanging on, it would have been very unlikely we'd be still in with a chance come the Derby game. It was the inevitable manner of the last 5 minutes or post sending off period that is difficult to comprehend. Our inability to see of a mediocre team and do a professional job demonstrates the mental weakness. It's well rooted in this team, and has been coming since boxing day 2019 - the two late goals in that game have become our USP.

 

This team, successive managers and club are fragile and disorganised, drifting around without a plan or structure. If fact we couldn't look less like a professional football club if we tried. That's some achievement by the boss - well done him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The writing was on the wall when we started the season with Monk still in charge. Defies any logic that he was still manager of this football club after some of the defeats we witnessed, honourable mentions to Blackburn and Brentford 5-0 hammerings.

 

He was then allowed to shape this new ‘young and dynamic side’.

 

That cost us and we never recovered.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

The final nails are all rusted, easily snapped off with a few stunning wins.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After yesterday there is no doiubt we are going down. WE FULLY DESERVE TO BE RELEGATED.

 

No excuses, no hard luck stories about how we were hard done to. We are going to get what we deserve, we have shown we are totally unfit to compete at Championship level. We are one of the most gutless teams I can remember. We are spineless, we find ways to lose when it seems impossible to do so.

 

The players are not up to standard, the owner hasn't got a clue, we've changed managers so often I struggle to remember who we've had. We are broke,  the fans have had enough, the players just want to leave.

 

 

We will do well to stay in Div 1 next season, don't even think about promotion until there has been a complete change at the club at just about every level. It could take years to sort this out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:


 

Forget the Derby game. At this point I just hope the relegation is by more than 6 points so that clown has one less thing to blame during his meandering, aimless media debrief rant.


Regardless he could still blame the deduction due to the affect on team morale 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotherham, physically and psychologically was the killer blow.

 

Losing against 10 men, in the final few seconds, against a relegation rival.

 

It took our legs away and we've been unable to recover ourselves ever since.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, prowl said:

After yesterday there is no doiubt we are going down. WE FULLY DESERVE TO BE RELEGATED.

 

No excuses, no hard luck stories about how we were hard done to. We are going to get what we deserve, we have shown we are totally unfit to compete at Championship level. We are one of the most gutless teams I can remember. We are spineless, we find ways to lose when it seems impossible to do so.

 

The players are not up to standard, the owner hasn't got a clue, we've changed managers so often I struggle to remember who we've had. We are broke,  the fans have had enough, the players just want to leave.

 

 

We will do well to stay in Div 1 next season, don't even think about promotion until there has been a complete change at the club at just about every level. It could take years to sort this out.

I think those who see a quick return are deluded, we are more likely to go down again first. I see many years in the bottom 2 leagues we are shambolic..if it were another team it would be funny to watch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, prowl said:

After yesterday there is no doiubt we are going down. WE FULLY DESERVE TO BE RELEGATED.

 

No excuses, no hard luck stories about how we were hard done to. We are going to get what we deserve, we have shown we are totally unfit to compete at Championship level. We are one of the most gutless teams I can remember. We are spineless, we find ways to lose when it seems impossible to do so.

 

The players are not up to standard, the owner hasn't got a clue, we've changed managers so often I struggle to remember who we've had. We are broke,  the fans have had enough, the players just want to leave.

 

 

We will do well to stay in Div 1 next season, don't even think about promotion until there has been a complete change at the club at just about every level. It could take years to sort this out.


Correction - It will take years.

 

The club needs change from top to bottom ..it will continue its downward spiral if nothing happens  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

The writing was on the wall when we started the season with Monk still in charge. Defies any logic that he was still manager of this football club after some of the defeats we witnessed, honourable mentions to Blackburn and Brentford 5-0 hammerings.

 

He was then allowed to shape this new ‘young and dynamic side’.

 

That cost us and we never recovered.

Hes been gone since November. Thankfully since then results have picked up and we havnt been hammered once. We have also started to pick up points from losing positions and we have stopped throwing away points late on in games. All is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the point in staying up anyway just to hang on by a thread again playing the same over payed crap. Never known a team to find it so hard to win a game of football when it matters. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Toro said:

With us playing Derby last game of the season then getting a win against Bristol City really WAS the last chance we had of any survival and even then it was a slim one.
 

With the goals and points shift we only need to be 3 points behind Derby on the last day to potentially avoid the drop with a win. 

Can still see us being 3 or less behind derby before last game BUT won't matter will only decide who is 2nd and 3rd bottom when Rotherham pull of a few wins.

 

Derby are in free fall and are going down

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Rotherham, physically and psychologically was the killer blow.

 

Losing against 10 men, in the final few seconds, against a relegation rival.

 

It took our legs away and we've been unable to recover ourselves ever since.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Was Birmingham for me.. if we’d won  that we’d have gone 3 points clear of the bottom 3. Instead we were 3 points adrift, then lost even more and Rotherham almost finished it. Even still, post Cardiff we’ve had chances to get in contention.. 1 point from the last 3 games is the final nail

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Psyscologicaly starting the season on -12 points was a hurdle this bunch of players could never get over.

Exactly there is a resilience issue with the squad which is also evidenced by the shocking record in going behind in games

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...