Bristol City WAS the last chance...

With us playing Derby last game of the season then getting a win against Bristol City really WAS the last chance we had of any survival and even then it was a slim one.

With the goals and points shift we only need to be 3 points behind Derby on the last day to potentially avoid the drop with a win. 

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
12 minutes ago, El Toro said:

With us playing Derby last game of the season then getting a win against Bristol City really WAS the last chance we had of any survival and even then it was a slim one.

With the goals and points shift we only need to be 3 points behind Derby on the last day to potentially avoid the drop with a win. 

Last realistic chance was weeks ago to be honest

People talk about the Luton game a lot, either as being one of the last chances or the point it felt like the final nail.

That was 11 games ago over 2 months. 

A team that loses that many “must win” games or missed chances over that amount of time deserves absolutely nothing. 

Forget the Derby game. At this point I just hope the relegation is by more than 6 points so that clown has one less thing to blame during his meandering, aimless media debrief rant.

• Like 8

Whilst a win yesterday would have kept us hanging on, it would have been very unlikely we'd be still in with a chance come the Derby game. It was the inevitable manner of the last 5 minutes or post sending off period that is difficult to comprehend. Our inability to see of a mediocre team and do a professional job demonstrates the mental weakness. It's well rooted in this team, and has been coming since boxing day 2019 - the two late goals in that game have become our USP.

This team, successive managers and club are fragile and disorganised, drifting around without a plan or structure. If fact we couldn't look less like a professional football club if we tried. That's some achievement by the boss - well done him.

• Like 1

The writing was on the wall when we started the season with Monk still in charge. Defies any logic that he was still manager of this football club after some of the defeats we witnessed, honourable mentions to Blackburn and Brentford 5-0 hammerings.

He was then allowed to shape this new ‘young and dynamic side’.

That cost us and we never recovered.

• Like 8

After yesterday there is no doiubt we are going down. WE FULLY DESERVE TO BE RELEGATED.

No excuses, no hard luck stories about how we were hard done to. We are going to get what we deserve, we have shown we are totally unfit to compete at Championship level. We are one of the most gutless teams I can remember. We are spineless, we find ways to lose when it seems impossible to do so.

The players are not up to standard, the owner hasn't got a clue, we've changed managers so often I struggle to remember who we've had. We are broke,  the fans have had enough, the players just want to leave.

We will do well to stay in Div 1 next season, don't even think about promotion until there has been a complete change at the club at just about every level. It could take years to sort this out.

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Forget the Derby game. At this point I just hope the relegation is by more than 6 points so that clown has one less thing to blame during his meandering, aimless media debrief rant.

Regardless he could still blame the deduction due to the affect on team morale 

Rotherham, physically and psychologically was the killer blow.

Losing against 10 men, in the final few seconds, against a relegation rival.

It took our legs away and we've been unable to recover ourselves ever since.

Guest Andy W
14 minutes ago, prowl said:

After yesterday there is no doiubt we are going down. WE FULLY DESERVE TO BE RELEGATED.

No excuses, no hard luck stories about how we were hard done to. We are going to get what we deserve, we have shown we are totally unfit to compete at Championship level. We are one of the most gutless teams I can remember. We are spineless, we find ways to lose when it seems impossible to do so.

The players are not up to standard, the owner hasn't got a clue, we've changed managers so often I struggle to remember who we've had. We are broke,  the fans have had enough, the players just want to leave.

We will do well to stay in Div 1 next season, don't even think about promotion until there has been a complete change at the club at just about every level. It could take years to sort this out.

I think those who see a quick return are deluded, we are more likely to go down again first. I see many years in the bottom 2 leagues we are shambolic..if it were another team it would be funny to watch

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

Correction - It will take years.

The club needs change from top to bottom ..it will continue its downward spiral if nothing happens  

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

The writing was on the wall when we started the season with Monk still in charge. Defies any logic that he was still manager of this football club after some of the defeats we witnessed, honourable mentions to Blackburn and Brentford 5-0 hammerings.

He was then allowed to shape this new ‘young and dynamic side’.

That cost us and we never recovered.

Hes been gone since November. Thankfully since then results have picked up and we havnt been hammered once. We have also started to pick up points from losing positions and we have stopped throwing away points late on in games. All is good.

3 hours ago, El Toro said:

Can still see us being 3 or less behind derby before last game BUT won't matter will only decide who is 2nd and 3rd bottom when Rotherham pull of a few wins.

Derby are in free fall and are going down

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Rotherham, physically and psychologically was the killer blow.

Losing against 10 men, in the final few seconds, against a relegation rival.

It took our legs away and we've been unable to recover ourselves ever since.

Was Birmingham for me.. if we’d won  that we’d have gone 3 points clear of the bottom 3. Instead we were 3 points adrift, then lost even more and Rotherham almost finished it. Even still, post Cardiff we’ve had chances to get in contention.. 1 point from the last 3 games is the final nail