Anyone get on this with 5 mins to go yesterday?

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I would honestly remove this thread.

I am not a gambler myself but read the thread in the non swfc football bit on here re problem gambling earlier this week, including one poster who has posted on this thread who is a recovering gambling addict.

the reality is ( hence why the ceo of 365 pays herself half a billion pounds a year ) that most bets lose, and only showcasing the big wins like this just suck people in to doing it.

What nonsense. 

Let’s never talk about anything then, for fear of someone getting addicted to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I am not a gambler myself but read the thread in the non swfc football bit on here re problem gambling earlier this week, including one poster who has posted on this thread who is a recovering gambling addict.

the reality is ( hence why the ceo of 365 pays herself half a billion pounds a year ) that most bets lose, and only showcasing the big wins like this just suck people in to doing it.

😆 give over! 

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

What nonsense. 

Let’s never talk about anything then, for fear of someone getting addicted to it. 

Was gunna post what I'm having for dinner but in fear of anyone getting addicted to food I've decided not too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

That was definitely an error on skybets behalf. I’m glad some people managed to punish them for the error but gambling doesn’t ever pay in the long term. 

Wish I had seen this bloody error!!!

They might close accounts as punishment for the audacity to take them up on the offer. I've had accounts closed for winning through normal bets but they never say why. They will never say it is because you are winning or no-one would bet, They do not have to pay out on any winning bet. On one occasion not only were my bets not accepted but I could not even log on to my account to withdraw almost a grand. I had to contact them separately to get the money back.

The only reason I have ever been given was that I was suspected of arbitrage, which is backing then laying off at a shorter price on the exchange. I backed a horse on the book at 10/1 when it was around 6/1 with other books. It was a genuine selection and I intended to back it at anything above 4/1. I did not lay it off and it won. They paid me out at 10/1 but closed my account. I contacted them expecting to be given the standard "our traders have reviewed your account. This is a trading decision and is not reversible" or similar. However the person I contacted told me that arbitrage was suspected.

They do not appreciate anyone that thinks about their betting except for some of the big players whose bets they accept as a trade off for the information. I'd be surprised if there weren't some account closures over this.

This information should be just about enough to dissuade people from gambling  lol

41 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Was gunna post what I'm having for dinner but in fear of anyone getting addicted to food I've decided not too!

You can’t post something like that mate. Now I’m going to spend all afternoon wondering what you are having!

4 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

They might close accounts as punishment for the audacity to take them up on the offer. I've had accounts closed for winning through normal bets but they never say why. They will never say it is because you are winning or no-one would bet, They do not have to pay out on any winning bet. On one occasion not only were my bets not accepted but I could not even log on to my account to withdraw almost a grand. I had to contact them separately to get the money back.

The only reason I have ever been given was that I was suspected of arbitrage, which is backing then laying off at a shorter price on the exchange. I backed a horse on the book at 10/1 when it was around 6/1 with other books. It was a genuine selection and I intended to back it at anything above 4/1. I did not lay it off and it won. They paid me out at 10/1 but closed my account. I contacted them expecting to be given the standard "our traders have reviewed your account. This is a trading decision and is not reversible" or similar. However the person I contacted told me that arbitrage was suspected.

They do not appreciate anyone that thinks about their betting except for some of the big players whose bets they accept as a trade off for the information. I'd be surprised if there weren't some account closures over this.

This information should be just about enough to dissuade people from gambling  lol

If I understood it then it might. As it is my 25p ew occasional bet on Sky bet ain't going to tip me over the top. Appreciate others might not be so lucky. 

And bet 50p ew. 

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I'm a recovering gambling addict and I posted in that thread.  Unfortunately, gambling is part of life.  Even if it was made illegal, it would still happen.  I don't think people should be stopped from talking about it, but at the same time there needs to be a greater understanding of gambling addiction.  It's not just a matter of willpower, or a case of weak mental strength.  Addictions are illnesses.  The main difference with gambling addiction, as opposed to alcohol, is that it's silent.  Gambling addicts don't generally display any outward signs of addiction.  There is also the fact that gambling addiction results in more suicide attempts than any other behavioural addiction.  So please, if you are having a pop at those with the addiction, just think before posting because the chances are someone you know is struggling with their own mental health in one way or another.  

37 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I'm a recovering gambling addict and I posted in that thread.  Unfortunately, gambling is part of life.  Even if it was made illegal, it would still happen.  I don't think people should be stopped from talking about it, but at the same time there needs to be a greater understanding of gambling addiction.  It's not just a matter of willpower, or a case of weak mental strength.  Addictions are illnesses.  The main difference with gambling addiction, as opposed to alcohol, is that it's silent.  Gambling addicts don't generally display any outward signs of addiction.  There is also the fact that gambling addiction results in more suicide attempts than any other behavioural addiction.  So please, if you are having a pop at those with the addiction, just think before posting because the chances are someone you know is struggling with their own mental health in one way or another.  

Nope was doing opposite to having a pop. We shouldn’t have threads on betting as it just causes people to gamble more , with some people as you note ending up in a very bad place

30 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Nope was doing opposite to having a pop. We shouldn’t have threads on betting as it just causes people to gamble more , with some people as you note ending up in a very bad place

That part wasn’t directed at you. It was directed at those who respond to addiction with comments like, “just man up” or, “get a grip”.