Optimism stretched to the limit!!!!

Upto conceding that goal today I hoped albeit foolishly that we had a chance of staying up.

Until the maths say otherwise I'll still foolishly hope,  but......we were at home today , had a 4min lead and they went down to 10 men after 22mins. All these positives should have seen us comfortably over the line and 3 points while teams around us faltered.

Unfortunately,  we couldn't even hold onto a dog lead , with our jellyfish team! We have zero points all season once we go behind, weve lost countless points when winning and sadly almost zero passion to fight for our club. We've lost our ground and our chairman thinks its acceptable to retain our season ticket money from the loyal fans who took the early bird offer.

Does he not realise that the majority of fans who take up this offer do so as they might struggle to find the extra money at the end of the season?

We have a clueless , thoughtless chairman who is driving our club into the ground. Our only hope now is that he keeps bank rolling the club and he appoints a time served advisor to control all football matters. He wouldn't find anyone to buy the club at anywhere near his valuation, so for me it's the only short term option.

While the maths still add up I'll continue hoping but like I said, all this from a foolish fan of nearly 40yrs .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Hope he appoints a time served advisor to control all football matters

Most of us have been crying out for this since he first arrived and admitted he knew nothing about football. It’s such a glaringly obvious requirement to set the club up in a sensible businesslike manner.

The only person that can’t or won’t see this is DC himself.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, flo said:

I am a true fan so I don't give up until 90th minute on the last game of the season. I know there isn't many as passionate as me but it's just who I am. 

One mans ‘passion’ is another mans ’delusion’...

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, flo said:

I am a true fan so I don't give up until 90th minute on the last game of the season. I know there isn't many as passionate as me but it's just who I am. 

True fan? Never heard such nonsense. WAWAW? We are all true fans and whether we accept we are going down or whether there are some who believe we will stay up even when it is mathematical, it doesn't make us any less of a fan. I've accepted we were down from October. I'm no less of a fan than you. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

True fan? Never heard such nonsense. WAWAW? We are all true fans and whether we accept we are going down or whether there are some who believe we will stay up even when it is mathematical, it doesn't make us any less of a fan. I've accepted we were down from October. I'm no less of a fan than you. 

October - as late on as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl_83 said:

No mate. You’ve got it all wrong. The amount of ‘fanness’ you have is measured in how far in denial you are of actual facts. For example I still think we are going to beat Hull and get promoted to the Premier League (so at a much higher level than you). My dads at a whole other level again. He thinks we are certain to beat Arsenal in the FA cup final. Your not a true fan. Your a ‘customer’ 👍🏻

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, flo said:

don't do drugs then. we are down and have been for yonks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

A true inspiration 😍

a nut job more like.

Optimism as an Owls fan is getting to half time without ballsing it all up.

Been going since 66 so know they NEVER do anything the easy way

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I feel your pain...

I gave up a while ago.

Felt a slight glowing in me when Moore came in but,that light faded away after a few games,the damage had been done already by Garry and Tony the hapless brothers......

UTO

Don’t think you’re seeing where the actual damage is coming from - wasn’t from Monk or Pulis or Moore.

Dc hasn't even started with messing this club up 

This is just the first f#ck up 

We'll be in league 2 before we see the championship again 

And still he and stuffing ball will not take any of the blame 

• Like 1