F@@k off Chansiri

14 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Dave Richards isn't guilty for any of the mistakes Channers has made, nor for those of Dave Allen or Mandy.

My point is that the time to change our system was in the 1990s, when he was chairman.

As a good PL club we could have attracted an owner of a different calibre to those above.

In 1995 we and Chelsea were neck and neck.

They went one way, we went quite another.

Dave Richards is guilty of getting drunk and falling in that swimming pool, though.

lol

Don’t agree with this. Silly comparison to Chelsea who as a London club were just waiting for serious investment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Very true.

I mean, our system of having thousands of small shareholders and a board of administrators who put nothing in was dead in the water once the maximum wage was abolished in 1962.

You'll not find anyone who'll disagree that Chansiri has made mistakes.

The only point I've made is that he didn't inherit much from those before, and if we wanted quick promotion - which most of us did - then his options we pretty limited, bar gambling.

And the thing about gambling is that you're a hero if it works, and a villain if it doesn't.

Toiling at the coal face again to make Chansiri look like a flawed hero. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t agree with this. Silly comparison to Chelsea who as a London club were just waiting for serious investment. 

The thing is, Chelsea had an owner who was able to sell to big-money investors.

We couldn't do that because nobody owned the club.

Our board were administrators.

10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Toiling at the coal face again to make Chansiri look like a flawed hero. 

I've repeatedly said that Chansiri has made mistakes.

All I've said is that the mess we're in isn't entirely down to him.

We were a mess before he came.

We got to mid-table under Gray playing a brand of football many didn't like.

Had it not been for those tactics we'd have been in big trouble.

The season before it was a miracle that we survived at all, and we'd been down to the Third twice before that.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, Chelsea had an owner who was able to sell to big-money investors.

We couldn't do that because nobody owned the club

But we did do just that.

First Milan who was a stop gap with the 100% in his toolbag, then sold to Chansiri, the big money investor.

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

is that the mess we're in isn't entirely down to him.

I think you'll find it is.  He inherited a solid squad, a small loss making business, with assets.

We've now got a poo squad we are going to lose anyway, massive losses year after year, and we sold our assets to the man who got us this low, with quite a big nod to the 6 deducted points due to his incompetence filling in forms for taking the assets away from our club.

I wish he'd just fizz off.

• Like 4

No matter what happens now.... stay up go down.... MUST MUST MUST get new ownership NOW! 

NO gone down don't want to think about Wednesday 

Or

Stayed up!!! Woop! Let's all just be happy and forget everything that has happened now 

ONLY ACTION WILL MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.

• Like 2

Regardless of anything that may or may not have happened 25 years ago, Chansiri inherited full, uncontested control of a club with a decent mid table championship squad, relatively low wages, no debts, and it's own stadium.  Work was definitely needed to get the clubs infrastructure up to scratch after years of neglect.  The stadium needed a lick of paint, serious money needed spent on the training facilities, academy etc (very little of which has STILL actually been addressed).  But there was definitely a reasonable base to work on.

The same can't be said for whoever takes over after Chansiri.  Since that point we have actually gone backwards in every conceivable area.  He can't even manage to keep the expensive pitch he spent money on when he first arrived in a decent condition.  He could hardly have done a worse job if he was trying to ruin the club on purpose. 

None of that has anything to do with Dave Allen or Dave Richards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2021 at 06:05, Athelwulf said:

It's a sobering thought that Dave Allen was the only chairman who put anything into this club before our system changed and Mandy arrived, to the tune of around £2.5 million.

And I still can't figure out why we went down from the PL in 2000...

What did DA say about investment?

Can't recall word for word what he said, but something along the lines of "spending money on a football club isn't an investment" as he knew he'd never see the money again. And then followed up by saying something along the lines of "what this club needs is an owner with more money than sense... Cretins..."

lol

Sometimes you get what you wish for...

WTF:

59 minutes ago, Revenant said:

What did DA say about investment?

Can't recall word for word what he said, but something along the lines of "spending money on a football club isn't an investment" as he knew he'd never see the money again. And then followed up by saying something along the lines of "what this club needs is an owner with more money than sense... Cretins..."

lol

Sometimes you get what you wish for...

WTF:

Our problem is we now have one with no money or sense.

The worst combination.

• Haha 1

On 29/04/2021 at 20:41, Manwë said:

But we did do just that.

First Milan who was a stop gap with the 100% in his toolbag, then sold to Chansiri, the big money investor.

I think you'll find it is.  He inherited a solid squad, a small loss making business, with assets.

We've now got a poo squad we are going to lose anyway, massive losses year after year, and we sold our assets to the man who got us this low, with quite a big nod to the 6 deducted points due to his incompetence filling in forms for taking the assets away from our club.

I wish he'd just fizz off.

We got Chansiri because we were a bob Championship team.

When Diamond Dave (who was a signatory of the apportionment of the Sky TV money) was here we were in the PL.

I think that our choice of prospective owner would have been superior to the likes of Chansiri had we modernized in the 1990s.