F@@k off Chansiri

35 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Good grief...that’s like attributing relegation in 1975 to Dooley losing his leg at Preston or the relegation in 1990 on Danny Williams being appointed manager in 1968. 
Chansiri has had 6 years and Wednesday are about to be relegated to the 3rd division, his failure is of his own making, not Dave Richards.

It's all Derek Dooley's fault! #Chansiriin

3 hours ago, Bluewings said:

How did you get from Chansiri to Dave Richards? mbit bemused.

Lets be honest... Leeds for example have been in league one, admin...had Ken Bates... jeeeeezzz arguably worse time of it than us

since Dave Richards was at Hillsborough... they have managed to get a decent forward thinking chairman and a

fantastic manager and moved forward.

Chansiri has done nothing but overspend, sold our assets failed to back his last three managers up....

The business model of Wednesday is comedy, on and off the pitch and it's down to the owner.

But Leeds had an owner throughout.

They had an owner (Leslie Silver) who in the late 1980s enabled Leeds to outbid us for Gordon Strachan when we were a top flight club, and they were in the old Second Division.

The point I've tried to make is that our system needed changing long before 2010.

The time to do that was in the early 1990s when Dave Richards was chairman.

He must have known the way the wind was blowing, but didn't change the system.

This will be the third time we've been relegated since 2000; had we sold out in the 1990s then we probably would never have been outside of the PL, let alone have stints in the Third.

I'm not saying that Chansiri hasn't made mistakes, but we would never have had Chansiri, Mandy or any of the duff managers and players had Richards done what was right.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

If Dave Richards had sold out in the 1990s then what's happened since would probably never have occurred.

i thought richards was  just the chairman ....did he own the club or have the power to sell it ?

Just now, torryowl said:

i thought richards was  just the chairman ....did he own the club or have the power to sell it ?

He'd have had a fight on his hands, I agree.

The people on the board were all pretty much of the same mindset, even thought they must have known that our way of doing things was becoming ever more difficult with each passing season.

We only changed in 2010 when it was a choice between that and extinction.

Prior to that the only chairman who put anything in was Dave Allen.

I think it was around £2.5 million...

Guest Hornsby
13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

But Leeds had an owner throughout.

They had an owner (Leslie Silver) who in the late 1980s enabled Leeds to outbid us for Gordon Strachan when we were a top flight club, and they were in the old Second Division.

The point I've tried to make is that our system needed changing long before 2010.

The time to do that was in the early 1990s when Dave Richards was chairman.

He must have known the way the wind was blowing, but didn't change the system.

This will be the third time we've been relegated since 2000; had we sold out in the 1990s then we probably would never have been outside of the PL, let alone have stints in the Third.

I'm not saying that Chansiri hasn't made mistakes, but we would never have had Chansiri, Mandy or any of the duff managers and players had Richards done what was right.

EPL dream brought Chansiri.

Its just turned into a nightmare, even for 12 clubs currently in it.

And Richards never picked team, nor players to recruit.

Not backing Di Canio was start of our demise and Daves biggest error, after Tricky Trev.

On 17/04/2021 at 18:46, CircleSeven said:

Can’t see DC changing, can’t see him leaving either. 
It’s very very hard to put pressure on someone to leave whose on a different continent.

Multiple years of misery lay ahead. 

Agreed. At best yoyo between league 1 and champ.

Guest mrbluesky
On 18/04/2021 at 21:11, Danny said:

Chansiri fizz you ******** you have ruined swfc ******** bell end while you are running the club ill never come back to Hillsborough 

I read this in a Danny Dyer accent, you sl***********gs!!!

On 17/04/2021 at 17:34, Athelwulf said:

This lot can be laid at Dave Richards' door.

Those who've followed have been trying, by various means, to revive the club.

Back in the 90s were were one of the top clubs in the country, and we'd have had no difficulty in attracting quality investment.

But Dave had his eyes on the FA, and used us as a stepping stone.

When you've had no investment for 15 years, and have no youth policy, if you want a quick shot at promotion then you have to gamble.

And because of P&S you have to try to make your turnover appear as big as possible.

If Chansiri bobbies off he'll have to give the club away, judging by how long it took Mandy to find a buyer - once we'd rejected Colin, that is.

You cant blame one persons mistakes on somebody else. Two different people, two lots of mistakes. Chansiri has to go.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 20:41, Athelwulf said:

Come on now...

Of all the things I've heard defending this chairman's and his HORROR SHOW of the last 5 years, saying that Dave Richards made him do it all is the most utterly bizarre

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 17/04/2021 at 18:46, CircleSeven said:

Can’t see DC changing, can’t see him leaving either. 
It’s very very hard to put pressure on someone to leave whose on a different continent.

Multiple years of misery lay ahead. 

Hopefully going into admin will end it for him.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2021 at 06:53, billyblack said:

You cant blame one persons mistakes on somebody else. Two different people, two lots of mistakes. Chansiri has to go.

On 27/04/2021 at 06:55, @owlstalk said:

Come on now...

Of all the things I've heard defending this chairman's and his HORROR SHOW of the last 5 years, saying that Dave Richards made him do it all is the most utterly bizarre

lol

Dave Richards isn't guilty for any of the mistakes Channers has made, nor for those of Dave Allen or Mandy.

My point is that the time to change our system was in the 1990s, when he was chairman.

As a good PL club we could have attracted an owner of a different calibre to those above.

In 1995 we and Chelsea were neck and neck.

They went one way, we went quite another.

Dave Richards is guilty of getting drunk and falling in that swimming pool, though.

lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Dave Richards isn't guilty for any of the mistakes Channers has made, nor for those of Dave Allen or Mandy.

My point is that the time to change our system was in the 1990s, when he was chairman.

As a good PL club we could have attracted an owner of a different calibre to those above.

In 1995 we and Chelsea were neck and neck.

They went one way, we went quite another.

Dave Richards is guilty of getting drunk and falling in that swimming pool, though.

lol

You could go back to the 60s and say that though...why do you have to always look back ...just concentrate on the here and now, Chansiri out! For a start.

10 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

You could go back to the 60s and say that though...why do you have to always look back ...just concentrate on the here and now, Chansiri out! For a start.

Very true.

I mean, our system of having thousands of small shareholders and a board of administrators who put nothing in was dead in the water once the maximum wage was abolished in 1962.

You'll not find anyone who'll disagree that Chansiri has made mistakes.

The only point I've made is that he didn't inherit much from those before, and if we wanted quick promotion - which most of us did - then his options we pretty limited, bar gambling.

And the thing about gambling is that you're a hero if it works, and a villain if it doesn't.

10 hours ago, Revenant said:

Cretins

lol

image.thumb.png.d0026f5aaba80139280d5dad6b93fdf6.png

It's a sobering thought that Dave Allen was the only chairman who put anything into this club before our system changed and Mandy arrived, to the tune of around £2.5 million.

And I still can't figure out why we went down from the PL in 2000...

• Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Very true.

I mean, our system of having thousands of small shareholders and a board of administrators who put nothing in was dead in the water once the maximum wage was abolished in 1962.

You'll not find anyone who'll disagree that Chansiri has made mistakes.

The only point I've made is that he didn't inherit much from those before, and if we wanted quick promotion - which most of us did - then his options we pretty limited, bar gambling.

And the thing about gambling is that you're a hero if it works, and a villain if it doesn't.

Wolves did it easy.

Wilder too, cheaply.

Here, by not working means destroying club and Owls community.

And incurring criminal penalties for club.

But i need his energy drink after chasing for a Chansiri taxi.