Jump to content

Bristol City (H) Post match thread - M.O.M - ratings - reviews


Man of the match  

178 members have voted

  1. 1. Man of the match

    • Westwood
      5
    • Palmer
      21
    • Reach
      3
    • Hutchinson
      6
    • Lees
      10
    • Borner
      38
    • Harris
      0
    • Pelupessy
      14
    • Paterson
      5
    • Windass
      29
    • Bannan
      27
    • Green
      0
    • Rhodes
      2
    • Katchunga
      16


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, striker said:

I really don't want to see these players disgrace the shirt any longer.

 

Rather see the kids on the bench have a go. Not suggesting they will bring an improvement in results, but I'm starting to actively hate most of those masquerading as football players who keep representing our club.

My feelings exactly.  I’m just waiting for the disappointment.  It hurts no less when it comes, and it almost always does.  I now feel as though I want these players to go down so I don’t feel this anymore and they get what they deserve.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Borner  was decent, but I'll give Windass man of the match for a nice piece of skill somewhere around the 34th-minute mark that sent the ball towards Reach.  It ended up coming at him too fast and went out of play for a throw in.  Still pretty cool though.  Amongst one of the most error-ridden performances I've seen from two sides, any semblance of skill was a rare treat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care if it's Darren Moore from his sick bed or Jamie Smith from the side-lines but whoever is calling those tactics to drop deeper & deeper and invite 10 men to attack us is a disgrace.

 

We just flat out refuse to nail the game down ... powderpuff team and nonsensical tactics.

 

We are desperate for wins ffs

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m totally apathetic about the whole club.  This result and the manner of it does not surprise me in the slightest.  It’s the most gutless Wednesday squad I’ve seen in my lifetime.  

 

The majority of the squad needs clearing out and it needs an overhaul.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I really don't want to see these players disgrace the shirt any longer.

 

Rather see the kids on the bench have a go. Not suggesting they will bring an improvement in results, but I'm starting to actively hate most of those masquerading as football players who keep representing our club.

It’s funny you should say that. I looked at windass today and just thought c@nt. looks like one plays like one and I would guess in person he is one. You shouldn’t feel like that. You should look up to these guys. There’s barely a player in the squad who I can give any respect to. And I saw the 70s teams. 
 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could have had the game won by half time, but you always felt an equaliser was inevitable when we didn’t get a second - it’s the Wednesday way.

 

We move on,  take the positives from the game and prepare for Blackburn on Tuesday - as I’m sure DM or JS will remind us in the post match interview

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You just knew deep down that even though City were never a threat that somehow they would score- friggin unbelievable this lot AND instead of hitting the penalty has hard as possible BB goes and messes that up, honestly you couldn’t write this stuff this season.
At least Joey, Palmer & Borner did quite well, now for Accrington, Crewe and Burton Albion FFS

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Börner

Reach

Bannan

Palmer

Windass

Lees

Hutch

Westwood

Paterson

Green

 

All did fine today


Pelupessy

Harris

Rhodes

Kachunga

 

******** tragic

 

 


Reach?

 

Are you smoking your socks?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It’s funny you should say that. I looked at windass today and just thought c@nt. looks like one plays like one and I would guess in person he is one. You shouldn’t feel like that. You should look up to these guys. There’s barely a player in the squad who I can give any respect to. And I saw the 70s teams. 
 

I know what you mean. Remember we had teams where most of the players had a song, one that meant something. Silly but shows you alot about this bunch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

We've done the same under Monk, Pulis, Thompson, and Moore.

 

I don't think it's an instruction from the managers as much as it's the players on the pitch retreating into their shells.

 

In those moments, we need experienced pros such as Lees, Börner, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes and Hutchinson to grab a hold of the team and make the whole lot step further up the pitch.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think we have an effective leader between the lot of them.

 

Spot on!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

We've done the same under Monk, Pulis, Thompson, and Moore.

 

I don't think it's an instruction from the managers as much as it's the players on the pitch retreating into their shells.

 

In those moments, we need experienced pros such as Lees, Börner, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes and Hutchinson to grab a hold of the team and make the whole lot step further up the pitch.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think we have an effective leader between the lot of them.

 

^^^^^^^

THIS

They are mentally weak as a group

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If this mug is still in the side next year we may as well not bother.

 

Is, always has been, and always will be an absolutely atrocious footballer.

 

Caused Hutchinson's booking, takes three touches to get the ball under control and then panics and gives them possession back with the daft free kick that led to the goal.

 

God awful player that has annoyed the crap out of me for the length of his contract.

 

Tek ya 'ook Joey, please.

 

should have taken the penalty. Imagine the flack joey would have got for missing. How the f can you post the blame on joey when there is 10 other players who are worse or as bad

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...