Planning ahead

With relegation all but confirmed, what does the club do about planning for League 1? With 12 players or so out of contract and with not much chance of them staying, should the management team pick players (if any are good enough) who will play next season. Maybe one or two of the U21's? Tough call to put them into a team that used to losing though.

Have a mass clear out of the very limited ability footballers who currently infest this club and replace them with younger keener hungry footballers who have the basic ability to take the club forward. The problem is that judging on the acquisitions made over the last 12/18 months no one at the club will have a clue who or where those young keen hungry footballers with basic ability are.

• Like 1

The infrastructure at our club is a huge worry. Doesn’t give you any confidence that we’re capable of rebuilding or planning ahead. Although I will say I have more confidence in this management team than any other for quite some time. They might be able to steady the ship, if they’re given ample time.

But without sounding like a broken record, our only hope of turning this club around will only come once we’re rid of Chansiri. Until then we’re in a very perilous position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

The infrastructure at our club is a huge worry. Doesn’t give you any confidence that we’re capable of rebuilding or planning ahead. Although I will say I have more confidence in this management team than any other for quite some time. They might be able to steady the ship, if they’re given ample time.

But without sounding like a broken record, our only hope of turning this club around will only come once we’re rid of Chansiri. Until then we’re in a very perilous position. 

No evidence of any plans...other than sh*t or bust in the first 2 seasons...so really optimistic that there will be a strategy in place to get out of league one... not

That said I do have confidence in Darren and his team, it's just what hand will he be dealt?

The extent of Chansiri’s ‘plan’ is to get a couple of dodgy advisors, let them pick the squad and transfers, and then presume that will create a stronger team than all of the other Championship squads, with their years of building, professional structures, scouting networks, experienced people across the club.

Calling Chansiri naive/heart is the in the right place doesn’t do justice to how incompetent this man is.

He is blind to his failings and even if by a miracle he gets us out of League One, his approach to running a football club will never make as a premier league team.

I pray he leaves .I know we could end up with someone worse, that can always happen, but it’s hard to think of how much worse it could be outside of going into administration 

• Thanks 1