when they ask you what killed football for you - show them this video...

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t get it. That’s just hospitality 

Think the point is the people are there for the hospitality, not the game. In most games at Wembley the seats on the half way line for the hospitality start to empty around the 35-minute mark and are empty after the 2nd half starts and slowly fill up over around 15 to 20 minutes. Seats that proper fans could fill

On 18/04/2021 at 14:55, FreshOwl said:

Don’t get it. That’s just hospitality 

The "Fans" are an expensive sideshow - just as the recently announced European Super League. Clubs dont make any money out of "Joe Fan".. They need every seat to be "hospitality" and TV revenue.

My lad worked for the FA, and asked if I wanted to go to the charity shield, Liverpool v city with him. We were sat at a able of twelve, other than me and him, there was only one other person interested in football. Must have been 200 tables in the room we were in. The food was fantastic and it was a. Free bar. I can not imagine how much it must have costs. Great day but so removed from football and yes I didn’t rush back for the second half or watch the penalty shoot out. 

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

My lad worked for the FA, and asked if I wanted to go to the charity shield, Liverpool v city with him. We were sat at a able of twelve, other than me and him, there was only one other person interested in football. Must have been 200 tables in the room we were in. The food was fantastic and it was a. Free bar. I can not imagine how much it must have costs. Great day but so removed from football and yes I didn’t rush back for the second half or watch the penalty shoot out. 

To be fair I think it's going to take something like a free bar to get me to turn up to Hillsborough at all next season

17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Think this is probably similar at a lot of big sporting events Wimbledon, Lords Test Matches, British Grand Prix, Rugby Union Internationals.