Wednesday Fans Away

25 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I was too, but my uncle was friends with some of the Palace players so we had complimentary tickets in the Main Stand (would've prefered to have been with the Wednesday fans though) and then got into the players' lounge after the game. It was a great occasion with all the champagne flowing because we'd secured our UEFA Cup place, but Carlton Palmer was angry because Trevor Francis had brought himself on as sub instead of trying to defend our lead and stay in the title race, and Paul Warhurst who was just a miserable b*gger and refused to sign my autograph book.

I was doing my preliminary coaching badge at the time and Worthington, Shirtliff and Pearson were on the course. The day after the game, I overheard Worthington blaming Pearson for Palace's goal (I think he let the ball bounce and Mark Bright lobbed the keeper). Surprised me at the time but I suppose he was disappointed to concede such a late goal that could have cost us the title. 

Guest hirstysfags
2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I was too, but my uncle was friends with some of the Palace players so we had complimentary tickets in the Main Stand (would've prefered to have been with the Wednesday fans though) and then got into the players' lounge after the game. It was a great occasion with all the champagne flowing because we'd secured our UEFA Cup place, but Carlton Palmer was angry because Trevor Francis had brought himself on as sub instead of trying to defend our lead and stay in the title race, and Paul Warhurst who was just a miserable b*gger and refused to sign my autograph book.

Division one!