Wednesday Fans Away

I'm sure was 2nd away game after Ipswich 

And loads travelled down without tickets but after the Ipswich match. 

Coppers just stopped buses and wouldn't let us near ground. 

Our bus ended up at plaistow and we had a few beers with West ham. 

We didn't have beers with them we did play them later that season. 

Went three years on the trot - we won each time, so good memories. We always packed the pubs out around the ground and on the main high street in South Norwood. I don't think Charlton fans ever took to playing there - there use to get circa 5/6k a game - we took between 2-4k over those years - maybe more the year we went down.

Found the below from 1978 - just to put us in the mood for a return to L1:

image.png.038560b67b42b0a5c78b4ea8fbc2eb19.png

Guest hirstysfags
15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

52C183CC-753A-45F4-808C-F219FE367B65.jpeg

Would that be the same terrace I stood on when we played Wimbledon midweek in the cup in 1994?

Guest hirstysfags
12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes Wimbledon ground shared at Selhurst Park from 1991 to 2003.

Thought so. It just seemed a but more central in my mind. I remember the little kiosks on the flat bit on the top

2 hours ago, vulva said:

I was in there. Was also there the day we played Palace when we finished 3rd. Huge following that day. 

I wa there when we finished third. We had a chance of winning the Premier league before the game kicked off. Incredible really. 

13 minutes ago, Nut said:

I wa there when we finished third. We had a chance of winning the Premier league before the game kicked off. Incredible really. 

I was too, but my uncle was friends with some of the Palace players so we had complimentary tickets in the Main Stand (would've prefered to have been with the Wednesday fans though) and then got into the players' lounge after the game. It was a great occasion with all the champagne flowing because we'd secured our UEFA Cup place, but Carlton Palmer was angry because Trevor Francis had brought himself on as sub instead of trying to defend our lead and stay in the title race, and Paul Warhurst who was just a miserable b*gger and refused to sign my autograph book.