Alex Scott To Be New Presenter Of Football Focus

BIG D

Great news this. Really like her both as a pundit and a presenter. She's also very attractive which shouldn't matter but let's be honest it's a bonus. She'll get loads of hate from uneducated neanderthals on social media because of who she is. Hopefully she sees the support she will get as well and something will be done about the abuse. 

Fully deserved, top quality pundit and well qualified for the job.

It’s a shame about the people saying she only has it due to her race/gender. The extreme end of the BLM mob and BBCs obsession over a London style representation of diversity have to take some responsibility for that. I firmly believe with them, more people will have accepted her in the job.

15 hours ago, Django said:

I like her but I think she needs to tone it down a little bit. Seems to get mega excited and over the top when she’s describing a goal or a piece of skill etc

There's one of the women pundits on SSN who's even worse. When she commentates on a goal she sounds like she's just found a favourite pair of jeans she thought she'd  lost years ago and even better she's just found a tenner in the back pocket 🙂

Edited by darra

Sue Smith commenting on our game on SSN today.

3 hours ago, darra said:

There's one of the women pundits on SSN who's even worse. When she commentates on a goal she sounds like she's just found a favourite pair of jeans she thought she'd  lost years ago and even better she's just found a tenner in the back pocket 🙂

Sue Smith commenting on our game on SSN today.

On 15/04/2021 at 10:06, BIG D said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/14639434/alex-scott-first-female-presenter-football-focus/

I think she'll be good and it's well deserved.

I hope she's ready for plenty of stick though from the usual hate mob.

I thought Dan Walker did a good job of it but am told it was his choice to move on. Scott knows her stuff and has been good as a contributor so don't doubt she will step up. 

On 15/04/2021 at 11:32, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Phew!

When I saw that Walker was stepping down, I had a horrible feeling that Jenas was being lined up for the role. Nothing against him, but he's a bit bland. 

I much prefer Scott - she talks well about the game, isn't scared of an opinion, and has a personality that's easy to warm to.

I find Jenas annoying, a bit too full of himself. 

On 15/04/2021 at 11:32, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Phew!

When I saw that Walker was stepping down, I had a horrible feeling that Jenas was being lined up for the role. Nothing against him, but he's a bit bland. 

I much prefer Scott - she talks well about the game, isn't scared of an opinion, and has a personality that's easy to warm to.

Just read that Jenas is going to present the One Show alongside Ronan Keating!

:duntmatter:

On 02/05/2021 at 18:57, Geedee said:

Good luck to her.

But I don't think there is any doubt that she has go this job partly because of the need for the media to appear politically correct.

I have a big doubt about that to be honest

I don’t get it tbh. She’s probably the safest pundit around, and more or less just states the obvious every time.

I watched the FA Cup final that her and Dion Dublin hosted and it was a bit all over the place. They didn’t even know what to say at times 

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t get it tbh. She’s probably the safest pundit around, and more or less just states the obvious every time.

I watched the FA Cup final that her and Dion Dublin hosted and it was a bit all over the place. They didn’t even know what to say at times 

She's going to be the presenter, not a pundit.