A little bit jealous

Guest Therealrealist

Barnsley are this years brentford...well run club..will nearly go up..then sell a few players and have another decent run next season...nowt to get too excited about tbh

Guest Therealrealist
38 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Should never of rolled over and clapped while chansiri stuck elephants round Hillsborough and stood clapping for a king thousands of miles away with no conne tion to swfc. 

He forced his culture on your club instead of embracing your clubs culture. 

That nutter selling up at Leeds had no5hing to do with you the fans...don’t flatter yerself

7 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

That nutter selling up at Leeds had no5hing to do with you the fans...don’t flatter yerself

Which one?  We fought in all sorts of ways v them all. 

Honestly, in saying it had nothing to do with the fans actions would suggest you haven't looked into what happened(why would you tbf). 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh , they're having a good season, and they will never win the Premier League or the European cup. They may even stay in this division this year. May stay in it for years to come.

But I'm not on about that. I'm on about the model. I'm on about hearing someone running a club talk about having a plan A and a plan B running at the same time so they can change things with minimal impact! 

Someone talking about putting in a long term infrastructure.  A self sustaining business plan. It was like Alien speak!

Chansiri doesn't even have a Plan A.

He doesn't believe you can plan from season to season in football.

I suspect even now he believes he knows better than this Barnsley guy.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

To think that they only stayed in this division due to Wigan's points deduction and snatching injury time winners in the last 2 games including away at Brentford on the last day, who'd have been in the PL now with a win. 

There's always that one team who suddenly burst from utter mediocrity one year to having a great season the next. But it's never us... 

Was it not use literally 5 years ago in CCs first year... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I caught a bit of an interview with the Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy tonight. The American chap.
Crikey, there's a man with a plan.

A well thought out one too, that he's only to keen to share with the club supporters. Total transparency.

He explained their operating model, how it's relative to the size of the club. How it's relative to where the club is in the football pecking order as well as where the club is geographically. 

The importance of knowing the support and the community they come from.

The importance of player turnover whilst still building around a core, of scouting the type of players to fit both the team and the business model. How they didn't want to lose Brown last year but the sale helped them strengthen other areas.

An adopted American but he spoke with a real verve and passion for the club, and made a lot of common sense points about how he's running things.

I admit to feeling rather jealous of Barnsley having this on the ball forward thinking young man involved in their club.

Heard that as well and agree. Their plan may or may not work but it’s coherent and credible, so as a fan you can get behind it. We’ve had almost nothing that stands up to any scrutiny that you can rationally and objectively get behind as a fan. There’s just an endless list of nonsense.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I caught a bit of an interview with the Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy tonight. The American chap.

A well thought out one too, that he's only to keen to share with the club supporters. Total transparency.

He explained their operating model, how it's relative to the size of the club. How it's relative to where the club is in the football pecking order as well as where the club is geographically. 

The importance of player turnover whilst still building around a core, of scouting the type of players to fit both the team and the business model. How they didn't want to lose Brown last year but the sale helped them strengthen other areas.

An adopted American but he spoke with a real verve and passion for the club, and made a lot of common sense points about how he's running things.

I admit to feeling rather jealous of Barnsley having this on the ball forward thinking young man involved in their club.

Club 38 or whatever name would be just as  good and Lee Stafford deserves credit for trying to get us a decent US buyer.

"If you think Barnsley are better than us you know nothing about football.":Chansiri: Seriously though remember when Brentford was the alternative model (which DC also slagged off if I remember correctly), now the Barnsley model makes us look stupid in every way. Just found this: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/what-dejphon-chansiri-said-about-sheffield-wednesdays-long-term-planning-2521710 from March last year, compare the two.     

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Jealous of Barnsley on and off the pitch. We are the complete opposite of them, they are on the up, we are going to hell. 

No they are coming up....

Or sorry thought you said hull

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh , they're having a good season, and they will never win the Premier League or the European cup. They may even stay in this division this year. May stay in it for years to come.

But I'm not on about that. I'm on about the model. I'm on about hearing someone running a club talk about having a plan A and a plan B running at the same time so they can change things with minimal impact! 

Someone talking about putting in a long term infrastructure.  A self sustaining business plan. It was like Alien speak!

Completely agree, look at Brentford their model is similar , they a a production line for talent they sell on yet it never has a detrimental affect on there promotion challenges, new stadium and a bright future for one of the small London clubs .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Barnsley are this years brentford...well run club..will nearly go up..then sell a few players and have another decent run next season...nowt to get too excited about tbh

The fact it’s sustainable is enough to get excited about 

• Like 2

Chansiri has brought shame and dishonour on our once great club, His name plastered all over whilst he has dragged us through tribunal courts, caused point deductions, Embargo’s, taken our ground and made us a financial basket case.

Listening to someone who isn’t a snake makes a refreshing change and this Barnsley guy seems to know how to get the fans onside not alienate them with cloud cuckoo schemes and high prices. Good luck to Barnsley but I suspect we will need more than luck to save us from this disaster.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I haven’t heard the interview but this is exactly what I’ve been banging on about for ages.

We have no coherent business strategy, no medium or long term plan, an alarming lack of transparency, awful fan/customer engagement... the list goes on and on and on. It’s simply no way to run a business and there’s absolutely no sign whatsoever that anything will change. 

If you want to support a progressive club with a business plan and a positive future that appreciates its fans and provides entertainment and good value for money then don’t support Sheffield Wednesday 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2021 at 08:10, paulrs said:

a progressive club with a business plan and a positive future that appreciates its fans and provides entertainment and good value for money

Like this

“I still, every time we ask our fans to come out and support their club, to support the badge, they do it unflinchingly and I have a hard time putting it into words just how much that inspires me.

We launched our season tickets. Just yesterday, we passed the 5,000 mark and for our club, our community, living through this difficult time together, to be able to receive that kind of support is awe-inspiring"

Dane Murphy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Like this

“I still, every time we ask our fans to come out and support their club, to support the badge, they do it unflinchingly and I have a hard time putting it into words just how much that inspires me.

We launched our season tickets. Just yesterday, we passed the 5,000 mark and for our club, our community, living through this difficult time together, to be able to receive that kind of support is awe-inspiring"

Dane Murphy

No doubt some will find the language  perhaps a touch OTT, but from a figurehead like him at the top of an organisation it’s the kind of clear, positive, empathetic, motivational message you would want.

Instead we get rambling rants in broken English that blame everyone else - including the ‘customers’ - for our ills.

This guy and Chansiri are worlds apart. 

• Like 1