Pulis vs Moore

Having appointed Pulis, the Chairman should’ve backed him in January as let’s be honest both Pulis and most of us on here knew we needed as much surgery in the JTW as possible.

Thing is the Chairman IMO thought it would cost him less to sack Pulis rather than it would to bring in the players we desperately needed?

Unfortunately for him and for us that decision is ultimately going to cost him more money and the club it’s championship status?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge

7 points out of a possible 30. 1 win in 10. 4 draws. 5 defeats.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge so far

7 points out of a possible 27. 2 wins. 1 draw. 6 defeats.

If we lose on Saturday Moore and Pulis have an identical record in there first 10 games in charge. One was absolutely crucified on here and on social media. The other seems to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Football might be slightly better under Moore but results are largely the same? Personally don’t give a crap how we play as long as we pick up points. For me a

1-0 defeat to Preston is no different to a 4-1 defeat to QPR.

Moore has had a shocking start to his Wednesday career.

And the common denominator is ?

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I enjoyed the 5-0 victory. But the following two results suggest that was very much an anomaly. We might pass it around a bit more but we’re still losing games and look dead and buried after we go a goal down.

Is it really that much better than Pulis?

Do you actually watch the game? Or just post on here and don’t actually watch the match?

The standard of play is far better than under Pulis! Indeed it’s leaving me feeling positive about the style of play for next season in league 1! 
What obvious is the team is devoid of confidence and you witnessed that on Swansea scoring first! 
Fact is Pulis had the club at a time when it was all to play for and Moore as had the club at a time when it’s backs against wall and most the players have most their feet out of the door! 

• Love 1

It’s easy to use stats to make any argument work

We’ve gone down due to multiple bad decisions by Chansiri at key points in the season

Pulis was the wrong manager at the wrong time

He came in and did what we all knew he would do, doubled the training, told home truths, stripped the tactics back to a grim, rigid defensive minded structure

These players were never going to buy into it

Moore is now dealing with the consequences, he’s polar opposite in terms of his character and methods

We’re going to have to judge Moore on his summer rebuild and L1 performance

This is a free hit, we were done long before he took the job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dowls said:

Do you actually watch the game? Or just post on here and don’t actually watch the match?

The standard of play is far better than under Pulis! Indeed it’s leaving me feeling positive about the style of play for next season in league 1! 
What obvious is the team is devoid of confidence and you witnessed that on Swansea scoring first! 
Fact is Pulis had the club at a time when it was all to play for and Moore as had the club at a time when it’s backs against wall and most the players have most their feet out of the door! 

Pulis 7 points out of 30.

Moore 7 points out of 27.

We lose Saturday he has an exact same points return in his first 10 games.

I care about results. There’s been no improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich
7 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

We’d be mid table now with Monk and higher if still had Adthe’s points

You mean the adthe that monk shipped out leaving us strikerless?

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbh I wouldn’t blame Monkfish for that. Contract offer was on the table 

It may have been scaled back by the owner just as Fox and Fletcher got scaled back offers. I could not believe by how much Fletcher contract was being scaled back by. Pay cuts for ongoing players when in same division not very usual when they are key.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pulis 7 points out of 30.

Moore 7 points out of 27.

We lose Saturday he has an exact same points return in his first 10 games.

I care about results. There’s been no improvement. 

Results follow if there a good manager, you don’t sign a manager and expect straight 10 wins.

Infact the ones who usually have that affect have changed nothing and just pandered to the players to get a quick fix. This is soon followed by a massive dip on results and subsequently the manager is fired again.

Any good manager comes in and accepts the initial defeats while implementing good long term changes and you eventually see a gradual increase in performances followed by results. 

You may say we needed the new manager bounce wins to save us but then what happens next season if we recruited someone with no long term plan?

I know which option id prefer.

Guest whowantstoberich
5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbh I wouldn’t blame Monkfish for that. Contract offer was on the table 

I am sure a manager can influence what the offer states based on whether or not they want to keep them

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Results follow if there a good manager, you don’t sign a manager and expect straight 10 wins.

Infact the ones who usually have that affect have changed nothing and just pandered to the players to get a quick fix. This is soon followed by a massive dip on results and subsequently the manager is fired again.

Any good manager comes in and accepts the initial defeats while implementing good long term changes and you eventually see a gradual increase in performances followed by results. 

You may say we needed the new manager bounce wins to save us but then what happens next season if we recruited someone with no long term plan?

I know which option id prefer.

Implementing long term changes do not normally include immediate change in playing style including playing it out from the back , and relegation. 

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Implementing long term changes do not normally include immediate change in playing style including playing it out from the back , and relegation. 

Relegation was already a cert with these players.

You play the style you believe in knowing that until the players adapt it may give poor results but the benefit being once they are used to it you should turn into a good side. I don’t think it’s rocket science tbh?

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, victorturner said:

Surely we do not know whether Monk was complicit in virtually inviting Fletcher to leave by cutting his pay under a renewed contract?

No of course not, but recruitment and retention of good players is a managers remit so I wouldn’t be mad to believe he was involved.