Pulis vs Moore

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Now you’ve really lost me. The thread is called Pulis v Moore??? So why would you accuse me of being obsessed with TP ? I didn’t start the thread. Why would you bring Thommo into it. We’re critiquing two of our managers and I responded to a post suggesting Moore’s football was no better than Pulis. Your points are irrelevant. Please don’t try and patronise when you haven’t understood the thread. 

Stop  feeling sorry for yourself ,nobodys patronising you....

2 hours ago, pussface said:

Playing three at the back doesn't work.

Didn't work for Monk 

Didn't work for Thompson 

Did for Jos 

Yet Moore still preserves with it.

Bonkers

Whatever formation you pick you can pick holes in it. We havn't the central midfielders to play as a two and Rhodes needs to play with someone else upfront. Somethings got to give somewhere. 

Guest T Hardy
9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just find it interesting. I keep hearing the line that it was the spell under Pulis that cost us this season.

But his 10 games are no different to what Moore has produced so far? What’s he difference? 

Never from me. What has cost us this season is Dejphon Chansiri, not any of our managers 

Guest T Hardy

Getting on at the managers is just a distraction from what we should be putting our energy into - telling Chansiri he’s no longer welcome here 

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge

7 points out of a possible 30. 1 win in 10. 4 draws. 5 defeats.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge so far

7 points out of a possible 27. 2 wins. 1 draw. 6 defeats.

If we lose on Saturday Moore and Pulis have an identical record in there first 10 games in charge. One was absolutely crucified on here and on social media. The other seems to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Football might be slightly better under Moore but results are largely the same? Personally don’t give a crap how we play as long as we pick up points. For me a

1-0 defeat to Preston is no different to a 4-1 defeat to QPR.

Moore has had a shocking start to his Wednesday career.

I know who I’d have rather have if allowed to manage long term. Pulis. Track  record shows he builds teams that are hard to beat, if allowed to. Hard to beat is what we need 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Your right. I’m heartbroken because you couldn’t understand a thread on a fans forum. Funny and sad at the same time. 

Yeah ime an argumentative so and so who doesnt understand,seems we can agree on that at least

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I know who I’d have rather have if allowed to manage long term. Pulis. Track  record shows he builds teams that are hard to beat, if allowed to. Hard to beat is what we need 

OUCH.....But having to watch Pulis ball?

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

OUCH.....But having to watch Pulis ball?

Don’t care about beautiful football; I’d rather us grind out 1-0 wins for 3 years to get to the Premier League rather than entertaining fans once in a while amd getting relegated to league 1. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rogers said:

This thing where Pulis making teams hard to beat is a myth. awkward teams to play against yup but hard to beat nope.

Did well over a prolonged time at one club and that was Stoke. Where he lost almost as he won.

Did well at palace over 20 odd games,  great achievement but other than Stoke he's done nothing in this "experienced career"

Middlesbrough, meh his budget was as high as anyone's and couldn't get in the playoffs

WBA 121 games you would have thought is long enough to build a hard to beat team 49 defeats and a 29.5% win ratio

Lets play centre backs at full backs, shocking.

Fraud dinosaur manager.

17 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Don’t care about beautiful football; I’d rather us grind out 1-0 wins for 3 years to get to the Premier League rather than entertaining fans once in a while amd getting relegated to league 1. 

Me too but would have never happened under Pulis.

I think all the managers under Chansiri aside from Carlos have been treated harshly. He's backed none financially to the point 

where we can refresh the squad.

49 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I wouldn't

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You seem to be Obsessed with TP, we had Thomo after him,who we won 5 games on the bounce with,before going backwards again....my points are plain enough,you just dont agree with them...

He's obviously not obsessed with Pulis but even if he was he's have every right to be.

The football under him was the worst I have ever seen, at any level, in over 50 years watching the game

• Haha 1

The Pulis appt felt wrong from the start. Came across as arrogant (to me), his style of football made my eyes bleed. Clearly couldn’t get a tune out of the squad and left as soon as he could.

DM comes across as the complete opposite. Am happy to get behind him and the style of football that he wants to embed at the club. Hope he gets the time and support he needs.

Largely the same team of players for a number of years now and not one single manager has managed to get anything out of them. Players and DC are the issue here. 

Should be cause to terminate contracts of the lot and have a clean out. I’d rather have a youth team play than watch this clapped out squad try and look like they give a ****.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apart from the 5-0 freak result. Is the play that much better?

It’s just as disappointing when we lose under Moore than it is under Pulis. Haven’t seen anything from Moore which makes me think we’re heading in the right direction. 

Have you even watched us? It's like comparing night and day

Jos, Monk and Pulis all played awful boring negative football. At least we are trying to go forward with purpose now

• Like 1

One came in with more than enough time to sort things out, the other arrived when we were already as good as down.

Pulis was employed to keep us up and be able to try and build the club from there, we accepted the football would be sh*t. I agree with you that I don't care how we play, but it wasn't even like it was functional defensive under Pulis, it was just sh*t. No plan, no intent, just sh*t. Plus it was clear his man management was awful. Saying the club shouldn't have released Hutchinson weeks before he could bring him back, what does that say to your other midfielders?

The only positive to Pulis' reign for me was he gave Shaw game time, we've then since managed to f*ck that situation up.

Moore has arrived with an eye on League One (I hope that was the thinking anyway) and his job between his appointment and the Derby County game is to work out which of this squad he wants, who needs to go and probably who he can do without and try and move on. Add to this he's had to self isolate, it's hardly been the ideal start.

He's also a young manager, he's going to get things wrong, old Tone is knocking on the door of retirement. His mistakes are less forgivable as he has that experience. 

I worry that threads like this and some of the discussion I've seen on twitter earlier is the start of the fans already turning on another manager when most of us know the issue lies elsewhere.

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Moore 7 points out of 27

Pulis 7 points out of 30

Don’t give a crap how we play. Both records are shocking. Yet one manager was given tremendous stick and the other needs more time. 

The fact is you are right, in our position points are the priority and Moore should be judged on that.

However, no manager has been able to get points consistently with this squad so you also have to look at the bigger picture. We are playing better under Moore and look more likely to score, we are having more possession and creating more chances. Think back to the games under Pulis, winnable games against Forest and Huddersfield, where we could have been 4 down by half-time and could barely get a touch in the opposition half. 

Pulis was supposed to turn results around regardless of performances - that's what his track record is based on, points not performances. His major achievement was bringing in an OAP scout as assistant manager, a recent scout of Celtic, who coincidentally bought your favourite current Wednesday player during that period.