Pulis vs Moore

I think both are rubbish 

Anyone who has tactics playing it from the back and then plays Tom Lees deserves all the critism they get 

I'd not lose any sleep Moore been sacked any time soon 

Saves us 6 months wasting our time, hoping he comes good 

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So why were people wanting instant results under Pulis?

Confused. Surely he should have been allowed time to get it right and recruit his own players? 

Cos that is the only thing he has got going for him.

Hoof ball and anti football no plan or structure for the club, anything to get results but we didn't even get that.

We got absolute nothing out of his reign.

Literally the worst manager in our history, ever. Bar non.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

I think both are rubbish 

Anyone who has tactics playing it from the back and then plays Tom Lees deserves all the critism they get 

Who would you get in though?

2 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Hoof ball and anti football no plan or structure for the club, anything to get results but we didn't even get that.

What if Moore gets sacked for not keeping us up?

Pulis does have a plan and a way of playing. So you’re wrong there. It’s not pretty but has proven to be effective. His teams do have an identity - if he was allowed to recruit accordingly we would have seen that.

Why’s Moore being given special allowances? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Not read the full thread but it's all about a rebuild now. I want us to do this playing entertaining football not the style favoured by Pulis.

It matters to me how we play and whilst I understand the 'I don't care how we play as long as the results are right' it's just not for me.

If we went down that route I'd still follow our progress but on the radio.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn't surprise me tbh

Pulis does have a plan and a way of playing. So you’re wrong there. It’s not pretty but has proven to be effective. His teams do have an identity - if he was allowed to recruit accordingly we would have seen that.

He should have been, the acceptance of most fans I think was big blokes getting signed up top and hoof our way to safety but Chansiri didn't back him.

If Pulis is/was Wednesdays future for the next 5 years I think I'd honestly stop watching them.

Chansiri obviously thought he was a Steve Bruce mark 2.

He did average at Middlesbrough, terrible at WBA, there fans hate him and the great escape at Palace but that was 8? years ago.

I don't think he is. But you can see the improvements on the pitch if not the results.

Getting players as cr@p as we have playing more attack minded is a start.

• Like 2

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Not read the full thread but it's all about a rebuild now. I want us to do this playing entertaining football not the style favoured by Pulis.

It matters to me how we play and whilst I understand the 'I don't care how we play as long as the results are right' it's just not for me.

If we went down that route I'd still follow our progress but on the radio.

exactly this

22 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I think both are rubbish 

You do realise if we sacked Moore that no one will want the job and we would be in a worse position than now 

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Monk was worse than Pulis, he made a right mess of it. By the time Pulis arrived we were already struggling.

His first 5 games were all against teams in the top 6 and we competed, ground out a couple of draws. Felt like it was a few points more than Monk would have got from the same batch of fixtures.

Then he went and lost to Huddersfield, Barnsley and Forest in the space of a week.. all games we should have looked to get points from. As it turned out, the players didn’t get paid that week and it showed.

After every press conference he made it pretty clear he expected a big transfer window in January, almost trying to apply pressure to DC. And that came to a head and be left after a win and a draw.

Wasn’t here long enough to form much of a judgement beyond it was painful to watch.

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don't think supporting a manager and not wanting him sacked after 9 games can really be classed as giving special allowances.

We've had enough managers this season that people must have known Moore wasn't going to turn it around overnight.

It will take a fresh influx of players over the summer to do that.

Guest LondonOwl313
17 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

This blind faith in Moore, a man with little or no success on his managerial record to date, is just bizarre. 

Who would you go for at this point then? We kind of have to give it to someone without much experience because we’re out of options that would consider coming here 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge

7 points out of a possible 30. 1 win in 10. 4 draws. 5 defeats.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge so far

7 points out of a possible 27. 2 wins. 1 draw. 6 defeats.

If we lose on Saturday Moore and Pulis have an identical record in there first 10 games in charge. One was absolutely crucified on here and on social media. The other seems to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Football might be slightly better under Moore but results are largely the same? Personally don’t give a crap how we play as long as we pick up points. For me a

1-0 defeat to Preston is no different to a 4-1 defeat to QPR.

Moore has had a shocking start to his Wednesday career.

If we are not picking up points do you give a crap how we play?

My point of view is that I want Wednesday to try & play good football. I like exciting players.

If I had the choice between us losing but trying to play a bit & us losing while not even trying to play I know which I’d pick.

Football is supposed to be entertainment, it’s only a business for players/owners.

If you are all about winning regardless of the approach then Wednesday will doom you to a life of frustration & disappointment.

A Chris Waddle nutmeg putting that FB on his bum will live longer in the memory than most ground out results.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Monk was worse than Pulis, he made a right mess of it. By the time Pulis arrived we were already struggling.

His first 5 games were all against teams in the top 6 and we competed, ground out a couple of draws. Felt like it was a few points more than Monk would have got from the same batch of fixtures.

Then he went and lost to Huddersfield, Barnsley and Forest in the space of a week.. all games we should have looked to get points from. As it turned out, the players didn’t get paid that week and it showed.

After every press conference he made it pretty clear he expected a big transfer window in January, almost trying to apply pressure to DC. And that came to a head and be left after a win and a draw.

Wasn’t here long enough to form much of a judgement beyond it was painful to watch.

You have a point with monk....I will rephrase it.

Pulis is the only Wednesday manager we have had who's football made my eyes bleed.

I have nothing against Pulis at all, obviously Chansiri needed to back whoever it was sat in the managers seat in January

even if it was a handful of loans.

I just honestly would have not appointed him at all, pretty pointless to me.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
21 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

You do realise if we sacked Moore that no one will want the job and we would be in a worse position than now 

The old 'know one would want the job' chestnut...YES THEY WOULD

51 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So why were people wanting instant results under Pulis?

Confused. Surely he should have been allowed time to get it right and recruit his own players? 

I reckon Pulis was brought in for the season solely to keep us up. Once it became evident he wasn’t going to achieve that the chairman quickly pulled the trigger (one of the few things he’s got right)

Moore is a longer term appointment with League 1 in mind 

The situations on which they were both brought in are different 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"This is a big job. There's lots to be done. It's going to take time. We need to freshen things up. The core have been here 3 or 4 years. They're 3 or 4 years older. It's going to take time. Ideally there's five or six you'd like to get in. It will probably take 3 or 4 windows."

Steve Bruce -

And we’ve ballsed up 2 of them !!