Pulis vs Moore

On 24/04/2021 at 19:27, Jim said:

Moore’s getting pelters from

some and fair enough, results have been poor and we’re as good as down.

He has a way of playing. You can argue all you want whether he should have implemented it straight away or not.

He tried 4231 to start with. It didn’t work. So he’s gone 352 which in all fairness this was the preferred formation this season under GM despite the fact he tried to convert some players into this system rather than recruit properly to

suit this system.

Despite deciding on 352 we’re still trying to play from the back and whether we have players who can do this or not, we’re having more attempts on goal now than at any stage of this season.

The problems we have are problems Moore inherited. If you want to blame him for the current situation, say he’s not the man for job then that’s fair enough but if he can get some improvement out of this squad and regardless of results I think he has then once he can bring in players that suit his preferred system and style of play then I really think we’ll move forward.

DM should never have tried to push playing out from the back and impose a systym he liked on  this squad....he should have looked at the players and what they were capable of,and used to,and utilised a systym that the players knew,had played before,(wing backs and 2 up front)...as he has now...

Thats where COACHING  comes in,play the systym they know,just get them better at it....not impose a systym in a relegation battle you prefer..

Placing banana skins under players with no confidence on the ball, how has that worked out?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, parajack said:

Self respect? dignity? gratitude for being very well paid over a long contract,understanding that there is a Covid 19 epidemic,with income nil, and many people sick,dying,on furlough,made redundant,....? Think a little humbleness and gratitude might have come in.....eh? or think of the fans?

Your post mate is waaay too sympathetic to those(many of whom have made Millions whilst at S6) who have been paid to play football.

Many on here would pay to be able to run down that tunnel and play for the Owls,let alone be paid the sums these 'footballers' are...

Chairman by the way,can be held responsible for many things,but not the travel ban keeping him in Thailand....Uk simply wasn't a safe Country to come to....

However well paid the employees, a workplace that is dysfunctional is a workplace that is dysfunctional and employees will not perform well. Too sympathetic maybe, we all want to think the best of people, some even think that Monk was a good manager, unbelievable I know, but true...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dollydaydream said:

We get it. You hate moore for some reason and want him gone. Move on.

??? Who hates DM? he has only been here 2 minutes.....Personally i think he shouldn't be above critique any more than GM(who still gets blamed Months after leaving) or TP who was vilified before he  even arrived.

I can see the thinking behind what DM is trying to achieve football wise,my view though is that it was wrong to do it in a relegation battle,without bringing in his own players,and without a pre season.

Also sincerely hope his recovery is progressing well..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

However well paid the employees, a workplace that is dysfunctional is a workplace that is dysfunctional and employees will not perform well. Too sympathetic maybe, we all want to think the best of people, some even think that Monk was a good manager, unbelievable I know, but true...

Made me laugh...quality...

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 15:21, Groundhopping Owl said:

If the squad are starting to believe in the style of football Moore and Smith are implementing than that will be a huge help in overcoming the blow to morale if we do end up going down.

Except....how many of the team /squad will be here next season?? JR,WW SH,TL,PP,VA,Boerner,Urogide, Shaw,out of contract..(thank****) and BB may have a relegation clause,or go to a bid....ditto Windass/Patterson...  

How many games has Moore actually managed? 

Let's not forget he came in during a busy schedule and barely had any training time with the players at first.

We are playing better under him and generally creating more in front of goal. We just don't have the quality to finish the chances.

Look at the Rhodes and Windass chances against Boro.

Let's actually get behind a manager and not hound this one out like we have done the rest. 

The test will be next season whichever league we are in.

The open way of playing and getting the chances is positive as long as we get enough wins. Whether it’s this league or league one if we are missing chances and letting sloppy goals in every now and again to the point where it costs promotion/playoffs I could see it being a bone of contention. But for the time being I think getting someone in who at least plays football and the fans can warm to has been a good move.