Pulis vs Moore

On 20/04/2021 at 10:05, Paul.. said:

We're very clearly playing much better under Moore and actually have a shape/style/strategy/attacking intent then, yes obviously results are still not what we want/need but when under Pulis did we have 20 shots in one match? Should have been 2 or 3 up long before Bristol City equalised and that's Bannan's penalty miss aside.

If the squad are starting to believe in the style of football Moore and Smith are implementing than that will be a huge help in overcoming the blow to morale if we do end up going down.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/04/2021 at 11:03, SallyCinnamon said:

Just find it interesting. I keep hearing the line that it was the spell under Pulis that cost us this season.

But his 10 games are no different to what Moore has produced so far? What’s he difference? 

I think the Pulis appointment under a misunderstanding did cost us the season,  but is it the case that this new management team have taken 11 points out of 36? And some players are in and out of the team like yo yo's.

• Haha 1

I know for a fact Pulis said after about 3 weeks “ I wintvlast 6 months here as he couldn’t work for Chansiri - he didn’t properly meet him at the start but when he did he knew it couldn’t work - maybe he engineered his sacking but who can blame him 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Forget Managers.

Focus on Chancer.

I know but there is no shifting him and as far as we know he is not picking the team and ordering play it out from the back while Reach and BB both try to play left back or left half in old money,  and never feed the forward players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I know but there is no shifting him and as far as we know he is not picking the team and ordering play it out from the back while Reach and BB both try to play left back or left half in old money,  and never feed the forward players.

His influence on the squad and the club outweighs anything a manager can achieve.

The we are stuck with him approach doesn't work for me.

Every fan who wants better for our club, needs to be vocal in condemming him, and wanting him out.

Trust me, it makes him very uncomfortable.

Apathy is his friend.

5 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

I know for a fact Pulis said after about 3 weeks “ I wintvlast 6 months here as he couldn’t work for Chansiri - he didn’t properly meet him at the start but when he did he knew it couldn’t work - maybe he engineered his sacking but who can blame him 

A very weird way to appoint a manager. Pulis said he would tell DC the truth/ the way it is and Paxo and DC should have realised what a guy he is.They are not used to that.

He is a guy who has been used to building a team by buying some players. If they wanted him so badly, they should have backed him or accepted that they could not back him financially, not appointed him  and gone for a different guy. 

After a caretaker, we get Moore and co. After the window closed. No recruitment allowed therefore and a new system imposed on the players from Day 1. That's another poor appointment ( might have been OK in July for next season) and you wonder whether DC and Paxo knew they were bringing in disruption to the team overnight as late as March 1st in the season.

• Like 2

Moore’s getting pelters from

some and fair enough, results have been poor and we’re as good as down.

He has a way of playing. You can argue all you want whether he should have implemented it straight away or not.

He tried 4231 to start with. It didn’t work. So he’s gone 352 which in all fairness this was the preferred formation this season under GM despite the fact he tried to convert some players into this system rather than recruit properly to

suit this system.

Despite deciding on 352 we’re still trying to play from the back and whether we have players who can do this or not, we’re having more attempts on goal now than at any stage of this season.

The problems we have are problems Moore inherited. If you want to blame him for the current situation, say he’s not the man for job then that’s fair enough but if he can get some improvement out of this squad and regardless of results I think he has then once he can bring in players that suit his preferred system and style of play then I really think we’ll move forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Seriously? 

You think we haven't created really good chances for the forward players in our last half a dozen games or so?

We missed easier chances than the ones Middlesbrough scored from today, we missed a hat full of chances against Bristol, we should have increased our lead a few times against Blackburn, even as far back as Moore's first game against Rotherham we missed really good chances. 

I don’t get all the hate for Pulis. It’s obvious that this squad couldn’t play his style and as soon as it became clear that he couldn’t sign anyone then it was all a bit pointless him being here

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seriously? 

You think we haven't created really good chances for the forward players in our last half a dozen games or so?

We missed easier chances than the ones Middlesbrough scored from today, we missed a hat full of chances against Bristol, we should have increased our lead a few times against Blackburn, even as far back as Moore's first game against Rotherham we missed really good chances. 

There's a difference between midfield players carving out good chances, for those upfront,  and half chances suddenly appearing from a loose ball.  Very few of the former. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

There's a difference between midfield players carving out good chances, for those upfront,  and half chances suddenly appearing from a loose ball.  Very few of the former. 

So we are now creating chances out of good fortune whereas before we were just not getting that luck all season?

OK.

The Windass, Palmer and Rhodes chances today weren't half chances and they weren't created from loose balls. Same against Blackburn, same against Bristol City and in previous games under Moore. It hasn't all been like that, Huddersfield was particularly disappointing but we are not just creating more opportunities simply by chance. 

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So we are now creating chances out of good fortune whereas before we were just not getting that luck all season?

OK.

The Windass, Palmer and Rhodes chances today weren't half chances and they weren't created from loose balls. Same against Blackburn, same against Bristol City and in previous games under Moore. It hasn't all been like that, Huddersfield was particularly disappointing but we are not just creating more opportunities simply by chance. 

very good pass from Green providing a good set up//that's what we need.. which Windass hit wide..bad miss.

But BB and Reach are supposed to be the main () midfield providers normally  ( this is only Green's first start) and Rhodes rarely has had a pass to his feet. I am not saying "never' but rarely.

I agree that the team is set up to be more attacking but that's as much to do with the relegation position we are in. But where is the payoff? As there are few through balls, few crosses to feet or head and too many hopeful balls. Ironically Harris set up Windass for his goal then gets dropped.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 14:05, kobayashi said:

Not very fashionable to defend the players but I defy anyone to claim they could have given their best in a workplace environment like SWFC. Absent senior management; behind competitors before you start due to previous management mistakes; rotating line manager; frequently not been paid as contracted; unlikely to be kept on beyond in a few months time. Few employees could or would be able to give their best.

Self respect? dignity? gratitude for being very well paid over a long contract,understanding that there is a Covid 19 epidemic,with income nil, and many people sick,dying,on furlough,made redundant,....? Think a little humbleness and gratitude might have come in.....eh? or think of the fans?

Your post mate is waaay too sympathetic to those(many of whom have made Millions whilst at S6) who have been paid to play football.

Many on here would pay to be able to run down that tunnel and play for the Owls,let alone be paid the sums these 'footballers' are...

Chairman by the way,can be held responsible for many things,but not the travel ban keeping him in Thailand....Uk simply wasn't a safe Country to come to....

• Haha 1

We're very clearly playing much better under Moore and actually have a shape/style/strategy/attacking intent then, yes obviously results are still not what we want/need but when under Pulis did we have 20 shots in one match? Should have been 2 or 3 up long before Bristol City equalised and that's Bannan's penalty miss aside.

Playing better???  have you seen the result? and goals conceded? lack of ability to recover after conceding? Where are we playing better?

• Haha 2

'Should'...bit like VAR.......mostly get **** all....no points for should...

• Haha 1