Pulis vs Moore

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

If the players are as hopeless as most on here think, surely you back TP against the rebels.

DM imposed the system he liked, not considering the personnel he had. Lees for one is not suited to playing football at the back.

True about Tom Lees, but his system fits the majority of players we have.

Some on here think bazza is the best creative midfielder in the division, so pointless having the little lad stood in the center circle watching the ball sail backwards and forwards over his head. . If we had iorfa available and Luongo I doubt Lees would be first choice as urgohide hutch and iorfa are far more comfortable on the ball and would give us a nice mix or agresssion, pace and energy. 

8 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Agree. But if TP had been backed, I think we would have survived. It was too late to back DM as the window had just closed that weekend...deliberate I assume.

You might will be right, I wouldn't trust Chansiri with doing anything regarding running the club correctly.

Guest mrbluesky
23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge

7 points out of a possible 30. 1 win in 10. 4 draws. 5 defeats.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge so far

7 points out of a possible 27. 2 wins. 1 draw. 6 defeats.

If we lose on Saturday Moore and Pulis have an identical record in there first 10 games in charge. One was absolutely crucified on here and on social media. The other seems to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Football might be slightly better under Moore but results are largely the same? Personally don’t give a crap how we play as long as we pick up points. For me a

1-0 defeat to Preston is no different to a 4-1 defeat to QPR.

Moore has had a shocking start to his Wednesday career.

As has been said before, the penny might have dropped, with certain fans. 

Results the same under both managers. One plays positive and the other negative 

Take the players out of the equation and who would you want as manager, based on their methods? 

And which is more likely to be successful in the long term? 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Ok so look at this way. Playing more positive gets no results, playing negative also gets no results. So maybe the buck lies with the players 

And that’s exactly the point I’m getting at.

Pulis was hounded by fans. Moore seems to be getting a fairly easy ride.

Perhaps the criticism towards Pulis was a tad unjustified?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

True about Tom Lees, but his system fits the majority of players we have.

Some on here think bazza is the best creative midfielder in the division, so pointless having the little lad stood in the center circle watching the ball sail backwards and forwards over his head. . If we had iorfa available and Luongo I doubt Lees would be first choice as urgohide hutch and iorfa are far more comfortable on the ball and would give us a nice mix or agresssion, pace and energy. 

The passing system which DM presumably wants throughout the team,  not just at the back,  does not suit Bannan who is primarily a long ball merchant. using mainly one foot.  Unfortunately Bannan demands the ball when it's easy for him to ping it  forwards. The other players are also in awe of him and give him the ball even when he is in his own half unable to create anything to win a match. They should be told not to give him the ball unless he is at least on the halfway line.

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The passing system which DM presumably wants throughout the team,  not just at the back,  does not suit Bannan who is primarily a long ball merchant. using mainly one foot.  Unfortunately Bannan demands the ball when it's easy for him to ping it  forwards. The other players are also in awe of him and give him the ball even when he is in his own half unable to create anything to win a match. They should be told not to give him the ball unless he is at least on the halfway line.

Lets not overcomplicate things. Our players struggle to take a throw in to a blue and white shirt never mind looking at what side of a white line Bannans feet are on before trying to pass to him.

15 hours ago, 83owl said:

Whatever formation you pick you can pick holes in it. We havn't the central midfielders to play as a two and Rhodes needs to play with someone else upfront. Somethings got to give somewhere. 

Surely Pussface was right. We do not have the players to play three at the back, partly because we have passengers in midfield when it comes to reinforcing the three.

Bannan ( poor tackler) , Reach ( no tackler) and Pelupessy ( too slow) are not able to successfully challenge for the ball and Windass and Paterson look clumsy when they try. If Hutchinson plays in midfield, he seems to have lost his stamina and mobility.

I do not think we have the players to play wing back either although Palmer gives it a go.

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Lets not overcomplicate things. Our players struggle to take a throw in to a blue and white shirt never mind looking at what side of a white line Bannans feet are on before trying to pass to him.

Agree! But there has to be a way of getting Bannan to play where he ought to be playing and as he loves having the ball, worth a try!

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

What we don’t know though is what was offered. If you want a player to leave but don’t want to make out it was your doing; you offer them something you know they won’t accept. 

It’s called cutting your cloth...they have been overpayed for years...fletcher was offered 70% less ..so nuihu will have been offered a lot less ..he decided to leave..big wow...Paterson is better than nuihu

1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

What we don’t know though is what was offered. If you want a player to leave but don’t want to make out it was your doing; you offer them something you know they won’t accept. 

I  dont think there was any need for that TBH....if a contract was offered,it makes sense they wanted him to stay...

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And that’s exactly the point I’m getting at.

Pulis was hounded by fans. Moore seems to be getting a fairly easy ride.

Perhaps the criticism towards Pulis was a tad unjustified?

I think so.....despite the fact it is doubtful any manager could get a tune out of this lot, DM has made some very poor decisions already..in my view

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Yeah I was thinking about the whole cunundrum of bazza playing too deep the other week. 

I think it's becouse when he started getting games in the middle instead of out wide, we had Lees & loovens at the back and Carlos started playing that pass out from the back style, so with neither being too comfortable on the ball he would drop deep to take the ball off them. We brought in van Artic to try to rectify this, but the lad wasn't up to scratch, so it becomes a habit of him doing so. 

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

My view is that you play the style to suit the personnel you have, not the style the manager has as a personal preference. We can see that our centre backs are still struggling with the idea of playing football at the back. Our need was to play more football at the other end of the pitch imo

Totally agree mate, DM seems to be escaping any critique at all for many decisions like this,some even applauding the 'good football' we are now playing,as we lose every game,often dont score,and give up as soon as we go behind....Bizarre...

Bet Barnsley fans dont miss the 'pass it around' that almost got them relegated last Year....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, victorturner said:

Paterson is a good hearted guy but surely he is no better than Nuhui. He is a rough and tumble trier of a footballer with no best position despite scoring several goals. Monk must have been desperate. Was not in Cardiff first team. Agree the signings like Dele and Izzy have contributed nothing.

Pattersons our top scorer mate,joint now i believe with Windass last goal,seven a piece...

Moore can only work with the tools he is given, and yes that squad are a right set of tools.

Pulis simply came for the money.

Moore has the right approach to the style of play fans would want but he's juggling sand with one hand behind his back with our current squad. Too many of them are already looking at where they'll be next season, some aren't good enough so he needs the chance to rebuild HIS team to get out of League 1. Judging him on this set of losers he has to send out each week is very premature indeed

• Love 1

Thought I'd check out the stats of the two managers, the blame obviously for both of

them lies with the players there just bobbins, but if Moore can sort out the leaky 

defence (or shoot Wildsmith), statistically we will be fine under him.

We are currently averaging over a goal a game and nearly 10 shots on target.

I guess if Pulis would have brought in a striker you could argue the 1.5 shot on goal 

could have transferred to a win ? Who knows.

Pulis 

Average goals scored per game 0.4

Average goals conceded per game 0.9

Average shots per game 4.2

Average shots on target 1.5

Possession per game 29.9%

Moore

Average goals scored per game 1.2

Average goals conceded per game 1.6

Average shots per game 9.8

Average shots on target 2.5

Possession per game 48.8%

• Thanks 1

I don’t care about points achieved or other stats. To me Pulis goes down as one of our worst managers. The style of football was embarrassing to watch. Just imagine having to endure that watching from the stands. 

• Like 2