Pulis vs Moore

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Relegation was already a cert with these players.

You play the style you believe in knowing that until the players adapt it may give poor results but the benefit being once they are used to it you should turn into a good side. I don’t think it’s rocket science tbh?

My view is that you play the style to suit the personnel you have, not the style the manager has as a personal preference. We can see that our centre backs are still struggling with the idea of playing football at the back. Our need was to play more football at the other end of the pitch imo

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Relegation was already a cert with these players.

You play the style you believe in knowing that until the players adapt it may give poor results but the benefit being once they are used to it you should turn into a good side. I don’t think it’s rocket science tbh?

The entire squad is out of contract. What’s point of implementing a new style with a bunch of players who are off in a couple of months anyway? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Completely agree with the OP.

As improved as the style of play might be, it's results that were needed, and they haven't been forthcoming. 

Oh well, at least we can continue to enjoy watching Lees panic every time he receives the ball from the GK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich

You need a way to play just sending them on the pitch and saying win or we are down isn’t going to get results 

4 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

No of course not, but recruitment and retention of good players is a managers remit so I wouldn’t be mad to believe he was involved. 

At most normal clubs , Yes, but we are not not Normal and we have a very interfering owner and  money was cut from the wage bill because of the financial mire he had taken us into. I presume that was planned. I would like to know what Monk thought. He implied on Sky at the Cardiff match that the club had to look into markets it would not normally consider ( hence Paterson).

11 hours ago, Ian said:

He's obviously not obsessed with Pulis but even if he was he's have every right to be.

The football under him was the worst I have ever seen, at any level, in over 50 years watching the game

Guess we are all suffering a bit from SWFC 'battle fatigue'  well everyone  except the players...mixture of disbelief,abject misery, and anger...together with frustration at not being able to do flip all about it...Strange isnt it? Players have got PFA to go to,Managers have the League managers association,  seems its only the supporters/fans  who are left to rock up and keep taking it without recourse...

Just now, parajack said:

Guess we are all suffering a bit from SWFC 'battle fatigue'  well everyone  except the players...mixture of disbelief,abject misery, and anger...together with frustration at not being able to do flip all about it...Strange isnt it? Players have got PFA to go to,Managers have the League managers association,  seems its only the supporters/fans  who are left to rock up and keep taking it without recourse...

Absolutely . Only support for us is on here exchanging views.

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, victorturner said:

At most normal clubs , Yes, but we are not not Normal and we have a very interfering owner and  money was cut from the wage bill because of the financial mire he had taken us into. I presume that was planned. I would like to know what Monk thought. He implied on Sky at the Cardiff match that the club had to look into markets it would not normally consider ( hence Paterson).

Well Paterson turned out ok tbf. 

I don’t think it’s unusual for a club to have to be creative within the market especially what was during a pandemic, however they were mainly horrendous signings who under no circumstances should he have brought in, as they young ones we already had would have done better. 

Guest whowantstoberich

Also I understand the DC issues but that doesn’t excuse every Tom ******** and Harry who sets foot in this club to perform ******** poorly

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, parajack said:

We do know who decided Dave should leave though,dont we? Dave his self!! he was offered a contract and didnt accept...

What we don’t know though is what was offered. If you want a player to leave but don’t want to make out it was your doing; you offer them something you know they won’t accept. 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Having appointed Pulis, the Chairman should’ve backed him in January as let’s be honest both Pulis and most of us on here knew we needed as much surgery in the JTW as possible.

Thing is the Chairman IMO thought it would cost him less to sack Pulis rather than it would to bring in the players we desperately needed?

Unfortunately for him and for us that decision is ultimately going to cost him more money and the club it’s championship status?

If he decided to appoint TP ( and he had wanted to appoint him previously but was wary of fans reaction we were told) , by December in a season you have to back him. DC then reverted to a non decision by appointing a caretaker.

TP’s style was not great but he could spot a player and it was tragic that he had been expecting funds for recruitment but was apparently told there wasn’t any. 

DC then said TP had originally assured him that the current players were good enough while TP had been denigrating them for the previous month!

Astonishing! 

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

What we don’t know though is what was offered. If you want a player to leave but don’t want to make out it was your doing; you offer them something you know they won’t accept. 

Evidence is that we did not want Fletcher to leave..Monk certainly didn’t..but we were told on here that Fletcher’s big pay packet was to be halved.

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge

7 points out of a possible 30. 1 win in 10. 4 draws. 5 defeats.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge so far

7 points out of a possible 27. 2 wins. 1 draw. 6 defeats.

If we lose on Saturday Moore and Pulis have an identical record in there first 10 games in charge. One was absolutely crucified on here and on social media. The other seems to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Football might be slightly better under Moore but results are largely the same? Personally don’t give a crap how we play as long as we pick up points. For me a

1-0 defeat to Preston is no different to a 4-1 defeat to QPR.

Moore has had a shocking start to his Wednesday career.

Moore is seen as a young coach with positive forward thinking idea's.

Pulis was seen by most as an old dinosaur playing hoof ball and being defensive.

Moore will be more of a yes man than pulis for sure but who would get the better results long term with this shambolic owner and team is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Well Paterson turned out ok tbf. 

I don’t think it’s unusual for a club to have to be creative within the market especially what was during a pandemic, however they were mainly horrendous signings who under no circumstances should he have brought in, as they young ones we already had would have done better. 

Paterson is a good hearted guy but surely he is no better than Nuhui. He is a rough and tumble trier of a footballer with no best position despite scoring several goals. Monk must have been desperate. Was not in Cardiff first team. Agree the signings like Dele and Izzy have contributed nothing.

For me Moore looks to have a better handle on what players we have available due to our hap hazard recruitment system and has been trying to find a system and way to accommodate what he has available. 

Pulis just insisted on forcing a system and style of play that just didn't play to hardly anyone's strengths. I said when he came in it wouldn't work, but tried to be positive knowing his past record,but obviously the players rebelled against his methods and got him the sack anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Moore is seen as a young coach with positive forward thinking idea's.

Pulis was seen by most as an old dinosaur playing hoof ball and being defensive.

Moore will be more of a yes man than pulis for sure but who would get the better results long term with this shambolic owner and team is anybody's guess.

Agree. But if TP had been backed, I think we would have survived. It was too late to back DM as the window had just closed that weekend...deliberate I assume.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pulis 7 points out of 30.

Moore 7 points out of 27.

We lose Saturday he has an exact same points return in his first 10 games.

I care about results. There’s been no improvement. 

Ok so look at this way. Playing more positive gets no results, playing negative also gets no results. So maybe the buck lies with the players 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

For me Moore looks to have a better handle on what players we have available due to our hap hazard recruitment system and has been trying to find a system and way to accommodate what he has available. 

Pulis just insisted on forcing a system and style of play that just didn't play to hardly anyone's strengths. I said when he came in it wouldn't work, but tried to be positive knowing his past record,but obviously the players rebelled against his methods and got him the sack anyway. 

If the players are as hopeless as most on here think, surely you back TP against the rebels.

DM imposed the system he liked, not considering the personnel he had. Lees for one is not suited to playing football at the back.

Guest whowantstoberich
7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Paterson is a good hearted guy but surely he is no better than Nuhui. He is a rough and tumble trier of a footballer with no best position despite scoring several goals. Monk must have been desperate. Was not in Cardiff first team. Agree the signings like Dele and Izzy have contributed nothing.

I would take both Paterson and nuhui in the first team over anyone except maybe bannan. 

Give me that kind of grafter any day over the supposedly skilled players.