Overpaid

21 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

The players are so lucky that the fans havnt been allowed into the ground to witness the schizz show that this season has been. The atmosphere would have been truly poisonous and they would have been left in no doubt what we thought of them. And thats irrespective of the welcome that Chansiri  has got waiting for him. But thats coming, oh boy is it coming.

I honestly think there would have been trouble at the ground. Arguments in the stands, even individuals running on the pitch. I witnessed fans fighting in the Turner era. This time fans would have been incensed that players on more money a week than they earn in a year can put so little effort in.

37 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I can’t see this ‘Lees been best player this season’ hype. 
He’s slow, he can’t pass a ball, very prone to mistakes. 
on big money and no where near worth it. League one player at best. 

To be honest up until the last two games I thought he had been our best player. Being our best player unfortunately means being consistently average where everyone else has either been immensely inconsistent or out and out crap. The last two games though he’s been dire. I can’t get into the amount players earn conversation though as it will elevate my blood pressure to dangerous levels!

football is a simple game  but is often overcoached , But that said the game changed when playing for the love of the Game was lost and the Era of the big money was ushered in , And sadly that loss affects us all in one way or another 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

That’s what majority of players are.

Definitely earn far too much for what they giving. 
stupid costly mistakes. 

of all the teams we have played I’ve not really thought wow they are good. 
live not seen a better performance from any team the way we played v Cardiff. 
yet how come only done once this season. 

proving some are capable but inconsistent.

so defo OVERPAID 

Dejphon put all his eggs in one basket-paid for it since....

• Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 23:23, hasthagotanycheese said:

The players are so lucky that the fans havnt been allowed into the ground to witness the schizz show that this season has been. The atmosphere would have been truly poisonous and they would have been left in no doubt what we thought of them. And thats irrespective of the welcome that Chansiri  has got waiting for him. But thats coming, oh boy is it coming.

Of course, the excuse used to be that the players did badly because the atmosphere was toxic. In other words the fans were to blame. Rather it's the case IMO that the atmosphere in the ground has always been determined by how well the team are playing not vice versa.

You're right though, the players should really thank their lucky stars that there aren't fans paying good money to watch the dross so often served up this season.

• Like 1