Overpaid

That’s what majority of players are.

Definitely earn far too much for what they giving. 
stupid costly mistakes. 

of all the teams we have played I’ve not really thought wow they are good. 
live not seen a better performance from any team the way we played v Cardiff. 
yet how come only done once this season. 

proving some are capable but inconsistent.

so defo OVERPAID 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Players are paid professional that's for sure, but just look at the trail of destruction that's been left for them to work through this season.

Starting with -12 points, pressure right from the off by having a target of overturning that deficit within the first 6 games (as per Monk). 

3 full time 1st team coach/managers in charge in less than a season. 

On top of this, little signs we would retain the vast majority of the squad, who (for the record), we left unpaid for several weeks during the season. 

Is it little surprise we are where we are? 

The players have some responsibility for sure, but nothing compared to those at the helm of the club, who have provided ZERO leadership after the complete mess that was created all of their own doing. 

Players have not had enough to pull us out of the mire, the thing is, they should never have had to. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I’d like to see some of these out of contract players get the stupidly high wages they get at Wednesday.

The only way the likes of Reach, Rhodes, Westwood and Lees will get anything close to what they are on here is if they move to America.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, debram said:

most been made millionaires by this club, talk about winning the lottery.

There will have been a few players and their agents who saw Chansiri coming a mile off.

An idiot and his money are easily parted. :Chansiri:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

They won't be bothered. Tonight they'll be driving home in their £100K cars to their £1M houses and waiting for their next massive pay check in their bank accounts at the end of the month.

Not for f---ing long I hope can't wait to get rid of most of those spineless gits

• Like 1

The players are so lucky that the fans havnt been allowed into the ground to witness the schizz show that this season has been. The atmosphere would have been truly poisonous and they would have been left in no doubt what we thought of them. And thats irrespective of the welcome that Chansiri  has got waiting for him. But thats coming, oh boy is it coming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Players are paid professional that's for sure, but just look at the trail of destruction that's been left for them to work through this season.

Starting with -12 points, pressure right from the off by having a target of overturning that deficit within the first 6 games (as per Monk). 

3 full time 1st team coach/managers in charge in less than a season. 

On top of this, little signs we would retain the vast majority of the squad, who (for the record), we left unpaid for several weeks during the season. 

Is it little surprise we are where we are? 

The players have some responsibility for sure, but nothing compared to those at the helm of the club, who have provided ZERO leadership after the complete mess that was created all of their own doing. 

Players have not had enough to pull us out of the mire, the thing is, they should never have had to. 

I’ve said it a few times on here, and whilst those interferences wouldn’t have been welcomed at any club, football is still a simple game.

The players are drilled in training every day. Even though it’s been 4 managers, each would have had (I’m sure) a fairly understandable way of playing.

With regards to the -12, If anything it’s a testament and eye opener to the attitude of the players. When other groups would have used it as a motivator and rallied together, we have ultimately folded like a deck of cards, and not at the finishing line, they’ve been like this all season 

• Like 1

It’s a shame players like Lees, Bannan and Westwood are going to end their time with us like this. 

Lees made a mistake today yes but has arguably been our best player this season. Bannan is head and shoulders above anyone in our squad and Westwood has been a terrific signing whose only fault is the club can’t replace him. 

It’s a shame these three get lumped into the overlaid and don’t care bracket. They may all be over paid but they certainly care. I can’t fault their application. It’s as we know the replacements of the players they once called their team mates that have been the issue. 

I hope all three leave at the end of the season and we clear the decks and start again but in my opinion they have only ever given 100%.

You can’t say the same for some of the other players bought In post Wembley. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

It’s a shame players like Lees, Bannan and Westwood are going to end their time with us like this. 

Lees made a mistake today yes but has arguably been our best player this season. Bannan is head and shoulders above anyone in our squad and Westwood has been a terrific signing whose only fault is the club can’t replace him. 

It’s a shame these three get lumped into the overlaid and don’t care bracket. They may all be over paid but they certainly care. I can’t fault their application. It’s as we know the replacements of the players they once called their team mates that have been the issue. 

I hope all three leave at the end of the season and we clear the decks and start again but in my opinion they have only ever given 100%.

What a absolute load of rubbish 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I’ve said it a few times on here, and whilst those interferences wouldn’t have been welcomed at any club, football is still a simple game.

The players are drilled in training every day. Even though it’s been 4 managers, each would have had (I’m sure) a fairly understandable way of playing.

With regards to the -12, If anything it’s a testament and eye opener to the attitude of the players. When other groups would have used it as a motivator and rallied together, we have ultimately folded like a deck of cards, and not at the finishing line, they’ve been like this all season 

I agree, we have no natural leaders in the team or at least the type of players others 'really' look up to. 

The scale of recruitment we've had is to constantly bring in players either nearing the end of a career looking for a final pay day, or the types that weren't genuinely being chased by other clubs. We've then stuck by them and ended up worse of for it, but then the decisions to keep the players who aren't pushing us on has been made from the top i.e. stories emerging of players not being allowed to leave. 

I'm kind of dreading to see how next season pans out, the gut feeling for me is we dip even lower as we did in our first season in League One many moons ago, the rebuild job suggests to me we don't get out of there next season - obviously I want to be wrong about that. 

21 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If Tom Lees is our best player this year then there is no wonder we are where we are.  Any team which  has the likes of Lees Palmer Borner Pelupessy  Paterson etc etc as regular first teamer is only going not go in one direction and it aint up.

• Like 1

The couldn't give a shiny s*** pal.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

That’s what majority of players are.

Definitely earn far too much for what they giving. 
stupid costly mistakes. 

of all the teams we have played I’ve not really thought wow they are good. 
live not seen a better performance from any team the way we played v Cardiff. 
yet how come only done once this season. 

proving some are capable but inconsistent.

so defo OVERPAID 

You’ve got to realise that the club agree to a contract and the wages that come with it. If the club does not do due diligence by certain players and clearly they are not worth the figure an agent has agreed with the club.. it’s hardly the players fault. I’m absolutely certain the majority of the squad give 100% .. however their 100% is not at the level we require and whoever agreed to sign those particular players is at fault .. not the players 

Theres one on that list that certainly cares anyway. Problem is its only about himself.

No other championship club would pay out what we do to Lees and Westwood. No other championship club would give Hutchinson a contract. No other championship club would sign a player with a broken leg. No other championship club would find the money to sack 2 managers and pay a fee to bring in a third one yet cant find any funds to sign another striker when theyve only got one in their squad. No other championship club would be completely disinterested in signing youth players to senior contracts. No other championship club would set up a scouting network seemingly unable to look anywhere other than Cardiff and Huddersfield.  

• Like 2