st lukes hospice

Guest The Claw

LIFELONG Sheffield Wednesday fan Neil Kitson is teaming up with St Luke’s for a fundraising auction featuring unique matchday memorabilia from the Owls.

Neil, a professional photographer who is originally from the Hyde Park area of Sheffield, has taken pictures for Sheffield Wednesday on match days over the last five seasons.

His limited edition book, The Ultimate Season Ticket - a photographic journey of the fan experience at Sheffield Wednesday - sold out in a week, raising over £6,000 for St Luke’s. 

Just 14 special copies of the book remain - these have all been signed by fellow Owl and Sheffield musician Richard Hawley with a selection also signed by SWFC players. 

Each of the 14 auction lots in the special St Luke’s auction includes a copy of the book plus a unique piece of Wednesday memorabilia. 

Among items up for auction are signed match-worn boots from club captain Barry Bannan and a pair of Keiren Westwood’s goalkeeping gloves. 

A host of current and ex-players have also donated shirts and boots. These include items from Sam Hutchinson, Dominic Iorfa, Jordan Rhodes and Atdhe Nuhiu. 

Some of the items expected to attract the most interest are rare match shirts that include the NHS rainbow logo that was seen when league football returned following the first lockdown. 

The auction begins via the St Luke’s eBay page on Thursday, April 15. 

St Luke’s is close to Neil’s heart after his mum, Pauline, was cared for by our team in the final months of her life. 

Neil said: “After seeing a news report on how difficult charities were finding it to fundraise during the pandemic, I wanted to do something to help. 

“I never thought the book would be so popular and I am grateful to Sheffield Wednesday for helping to make this auction extra special with so many fantastic items that I know will appeal to Wednesdayites everywhere.” 

“St Luke’s is such an important place and means so much to so many families across Sheffield  so please bid as big as you possibly can.”

Our fundraiser Clare Collingworth commented: “We are delighted that Neil is continuing to support St Luke’s in this way. 

“Proceeds from his book have already raised £6,000 towards our patient care and we hope the auction will prove a big success.”

The auction goes live on Thursday, April 15 - just visit auction and search for SWFC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/hospicesheffield

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop