What's the nicest thing opposition fans done to you?

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Braindead, isn't it?

You have to be a special kind of d*ckhead to assault someone because they support a different football team to you.

To be fair, as Wednesday fans we could do with some sense knocked into us

:duntmatter:

• Haha 6

Emotionally drained after Atkinson modeled our performance to lift our first major trophy in 56 years. The last few minutes I'd swear my watch was running in reverse. After the lap of honour, the shouting and singing I was drained. I sat with my wife and kids on the steps outside Wembley trembling in tiredness and emotion. 

Then a really great gesture up strode Paddy Crerand, the former Manchester United hard man midfielder. He understood immediately by my state what the win meant to me and many of our fans. He suggested this was a new beginning for us and had difficulty understanding how we got relegated the previous year. A great gesture !   

• Like 1

Got on a packed tram at Leppings Lane after the 1st home game of last season (beating Barnsley 2-0), we were sandwiched next to a group of Barnsley fans on a very hot and stuffy day, and me 3 year old son was screaming his head off....more to do with the packed tram than being next to the dingles, and they were all singing Wednesday songs to my boy to try and cheer him up! Class touch, especially after they'd just lost.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Got on a packed tram at Leppings Lane after the 1st home game of last season (beating Barnsley 2-0), we were sandwiched next to a group of Barnsley fans on a very hot and stuffy day, and me 3 year old son was screaming his head off....more to do with the packed tram than being next to the dingles, and they were all singing Wednesday songs to my boy to try and cheer him up! Class touch, especially after they'd just lost.

Bet the missus wasn't happy when you got home and your lad didn't stop singing "if you don't foookin bounce"

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 3

I got a phone call walking down to Hillsborough. I had dropped my wallet and an away fan had found it and phoned my number which was on one of business cards. It had my season ticket in it and a load of cash. The away fan returned it to me without anything missing. I offered him a tenner for being such a good egg but he wouldn’t take it; I then offered to buy him a pint after the match but he refused that also. He just seemed genuinely pleased to have returned my wallet to me. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

I got a phone call walking down to Hillsborough. I had dropped my wallet and an away fan had found it and phoned my number which was on one of business cards. It had my season ticket in it and a load of cash. The away fan returned it to me without anything missing. I offered him a tenner for being such a good egg but he wouldn’t take it; I then offered to buy him a pint after the match but he refused that also. He just seemed genuinely pleased to have returned my wallet to me. 

Which team was it?

Norwich away...many moons ago...blinding hot afternoon...

The Kop at Carrow rd used to be split for home and away....There was a fence that ran down the back, down a bank of grass to the turnstiles....

Me and a mate were in very early, too young to even attempt to get into a pub, or had been turned away

We sat on the grass bank in the sun, Owls scarfs on...and an old Norwich bloke....walked past the other side of the fence...said "Hello lads...Bit warm eh?"

We replied in kind

On his way back up...He passed us two  cokes and two packets of crisps, through the fence....walked straight off and we had to shout "Thanks mate" as he walked away...he just waved over his shoulder....Liked Norwich ever since......

Yea we lost

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Norwich away...many moons ago...blinding hot afternoon...

The Kop at Carrow rd used to be split for home and away....There was a fence that ran down the back, down a bank of grass to the turnstiles....

Me and a mate were in very early, too young to even attempt to get into a pub, or had been turned away

We sat on the grass bank in the sun, Owls scarfs on...and an old Norwich bloke....walked past the other side of the fence...said "Hello lads...Bit warm eh?"

We replied in kind

On his way back up...He passed us two  cokes and two packets of crisps, through the fence....walked straight off and we had to shout "Thanks mate" as he walked away...he just waved over his shoulder....Liked Norwich ever since......

Yea we lost

Noncealarm just went off!

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 3

Ran out of petrol (Mates car) on a dual carriageway nearing Croydon on the way to Palace in the early 90's (Season when we finished 3rd), Palace fan stopped for us and  and took me to a petrol station, he even supplied the can then took me back to the stranded Vaulxhall Chevette (Again, mates car lol) and advised us which pubs to go in, top bloke for a palace fan.