What's the nicest thing opposition fans done to you?

By far the best thing was in 93 cup final v Arsenal, down in the dumps cos of losing to that last minute goal, I lived in Neasden near Wembley, as I was walking home with me Wednesday scarf, some Arsenal fans came up to me and started hugging me and saying better luck next time, got 2 cans of beer of them as well, from feeling depressed, they lifted my morale, they were great, Arsenal are my 2nd team from that day, makes me forget the beating I got from some fans in the 2nd replay at Filbert Street Leicester in 79

Edited by Daniele Giovanni
Error
  • Haha 2

Guest Hornsby

Drove me to Earls Court after that 3-2 cup defeat at Chelsea, two nil up with 10 mins. left thanks to Rodger, when was getting battered after game.

Carnage. Got to car at Finchley fine but my mates got mashed badly. Was 14.

Edited by Hornsby

After the play-off final in 2005, we drove up through mid-Wales and were staying at some hotel near Brecon. The hotel had made some kind of mess up and had lost our hotel booking. There were no extra rooms because it was packed with Preston fans going to their game against next day. One group of Preston fans offered to give us their room, with more of sharing a room with some on the floor! In the end, the hotel sorted the problem out and we all got a room, but that was mind-blowingly nice from the Preston fans. Was really annoyed when West Ham beat them the next day.

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A bunch of Leeds fans stopped a bunch of Wednesday fans kicking my head in because they all thought I was a Leeds fan.

That was a strange day.

Being accused of being a Leeds fan or getting beat up. I can’t decide which is worse?

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A bunch of Leeds fans stopped a bunch of Wednesday fans kicking my head in because they all thought I was a Leeds fan.

That was a strange day.

I once got cracked at Leeds by a wednesday fan as they thought I was a leeds fan. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

By far the best thing was in 93 cup final v Arsenal, down in the dumps cos of losing to that last minute goal, I lived in Neasden near Wembley, as I was walking home with me Wednesday scarf, some Arsenal fans came up to me and started hugging me and saying better luck next time, got 2 cans of beer of them as well, from feeling depressed, they lifted my morale, they were great, Arsenal are my 2nd team from that day, makes me forget the beating I got from some fans in the 2nd replay at Filbert Street Leicester in 79

You must have been seriously unlucky mate, we outnumbered them about 10 to 1 at every Filbert Street game

• Like 3

My son and myself once went to a friendly at Maccelsfield and while were sat in a Pub we got talking to some Macca fan's and they lived near the stadium.

They took us to their house before the game and after wards we had a cup of Tea while the crowd dispersed then they took us back to the Pub to collect the car.

All very nice and civilised.

We won and Kuqui scored.

• Like 1