62 next birthday

I really put it all down to the 93 finals. I started going home and away every game around 88. From 91 to 93 the football was amazing. The fact that we never moved forward from then was our downfall. 

But the biggest and most important thing I remember was we went backwards before moving forwards and with the right manager at the right time good times could be just a couple of seasons away. In 1989 the thought of winning a league Cup or even just a Wembley appearance was pie in the sky. 

Even after 91 rumbelows victory if anyone had said we would be in 2 finals 2 years later you would have not believe them. 

While we have the money anything is possible in football. Specially with Wednesday. 

To properly enjoy the good moments you have to experience the bad. If you want to watch a team that's always going to be in the Premier league and Europe most seasons you would be better off supporting Liverpool or man City. But I can assure you that their support won't cherish the memories of those few years like us fans who were there then. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I really put it all down to the 93 finals. I started going home and away every game around 88. From 91 to 93 the football was amazing. The fact that we never moved forward from then was our downfall. 

But the biggest and most important thing I remember was we went backwards before moving forwards and with the right manager at the right time good times could be just a couple of seasons away. In 1989 the thought of winning a league Cup or even just a Wembley appearance was pie in the sky. 

Even after 91 rumbelows victory if anyone had said we would be in 2 finals 2 years later you would have not believe them. 

While we have the money anything is possible in football. Specially with Wednesday. 

To properly enjoy the good moments you have to experience the bad. If you want to watch a team that's always going to be in the Premier league and Europe most seasons you would be better off supporting Liverpool or man City. But I can assure you that their support won't cherish the memories of those few years like us fans who were there then. 

You sir are a true Wednesday supporter, you have my total respect

20 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I honestly feel for the support who never saw those seasons. 

Although going home after the fa final replay is a memory I would love to forget. 

I lived just round the corner from Wembley in Neasden and I walked back home feeling totally dejected, until a group of Arsenal fans put their arms around me and gave me a couple cans of beer, they made feel 100 times better, respect great day even though we lost, (arsenal my 2nd team now) 

18 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I lived just round the corner from Wembley in Neasden and I walked back home feeling totally dejected, until a group of Arsenal fans put their arms around me and gave me a couple cans of beer, they made feel 100 times better, respect great day even though we lost, (arsenal my 2nd team now) 

That's just goes to show how an experience can create a life long feeling. 

Unfortunately I was at the tube station and saw the total polar opposite from arsenal supporters. 

38 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

That's just goes to show how an experience can create a life long feeling. 

Unfortunately I was at the tube station and saw the total polar opposite from arsenal supporters. 

Saw a few things myself once. At Highbury Patrick Vieria's debut for Arsenal. We lost 4-1 and some Wednesday fans smashed a few windows in Finsbury Park, all clubs have knobheads I'm afraid

I were a 21 year old student when we got relegated, young, free and single with the world ahead of me . I’m now in my forties, married with two kids and mortgaged up to the hilt on the daily treadmill.

It REALLY does seem a million years ago.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see us loose to Liverpool and Citeh every week instead of QPR and Rotherham

BUT I enjoyed the mind-the-gap promotion season as much as, if not more so, than any season in the PL.

I just want to watch Wednesday play decent football and win games, have a club you can be proud of supporting.

I bet Norwich fans have enjoyed this season a lot more than the pigs.

If we go down it'll be at least 2023 before we get back to the Premier League. Any youngster who started supporting us in 2001 as a 10 year old will will be in his/her 30's at least by then. Just think going through teens and twenties without seeing us in the top division. At least I've seen us in the top flight many more times than the Blunts, if that's any consolation.